Funny Petstore Mayhem - New Usambara Starburst Baboon (OBT) Report

ryancreek

Arachnopeon
...when rehousing in the future, you can put a lining of oil on the top of the tub to keep them contained, and just have a catch cup you can use to put them in their new home. It's probably near impossible to rehouse like you would with other species. You can't just coax it to move from one container to the next.
That is great advice. I have never heard of oiling the top of the tub. Do you just use mineral/baby oil?

ryancreek

Arachnopeon
UPDATE - Provided the OBT with several inches of substrate, and it has now fashioned a burrow with lots of webbing. Funny thing is there is a big piece of substrate that covers the tunnel (by accident I'm sure) so it looks like a trap door! It moves out of place when the T exits, and falls back in place when it goes back in. {D Ha ha, my trap door OBT.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't know...I thought Ts did stuff like that on accident, but the longer I own them the more I think it's on purpose!

webbedone

Arachnobaron
I think T's in general put thought behind their engineering i have a L.Parahybana sling that lives in a deli cup with holes on its sides for air. It moves substrate around and plugs holes with it when its cooler in the room and removes it when its warmer.

A B. Smithi sling that built a little mound in the center of its deli cup so it can reach condensation hanging from the top of the lid and drink straight from the hanging drop instead of from substrate.

We need to surrender now and prepare for the rule of our tarantula overlords!!!

aboznut

Arachnopeon
PrimalTaunts T descaler

PrimalTaunt - go to your local electric utility and ask to speak to someone about Lineman's gloves. They make them very long (even up to the shoulder)and out of thick black rubber. They use them for electrical hot line work. Periodically they have to be tested and replaced - even for the tiniest of pinholes. They would probably give you a pair if you told them what you intended to do with them.

Google out Salisbury Lineman's Gloves or check ebay.