Funny...it's not my Birthday

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yet, I got a nice gift in the mail this afternoon! G. pulchra, GBB, B. vagans x albopilosum, P. regalis, P. penderseni, P. ornata, P. tigrinawesseli and P. smithi.

That GBB is a little psycho, though! I tried to get it out of the vial, and it starts making a break for it! the vial, my desk, my hands, my desk again, back into my hands, all the way up my arm, and my floor. I'm surprised it didn't hurt itself jumping so much! I was able to recapture the little rebel once it finally settled down on my carpet. The POKIES didn't give me that much trouble.

Thanks, J :D

Rob K

Last edited:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yet, I got a nice gift in the mail this afternoon! G. pulchra, GBB, B. vagans x aureopilosum, P. regalis, P. penderseni, P. ornata, P. tigrinawesseli and P. smithi.

That GBB is a little psycho, though! I tried to get it out of the vial, and it starts making a break for it! the vial, my desk, my hands, my desk again, back into my hands, all the way up my arm, and my floor. I'm surprised it didn't hurt itself jumping so much! I was able to recapture the little rebel once it finally settled down on my carpet. The POKIES didn't give me that much trouble.

Thanks, J :D

Rob K
Its actually B. vagans x albopilosum.. Grats on the new critters..

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice selections! for having a bad rep, my regalis hasn't given me trouble and lots of others have comment the same. my ornata on the other hand... hopefully yours isn't secretly a demon like mine.

a hybrid...? hopefully this wont turn into one of those crazy threads just for mentioning it.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its actually B. vagans x albopilosum.. Grats on the new critters..
D'oh! Right. I got it mixed up since I never had to write it before. It's a tiny little s'ling, so I don't think pics are in order yet, bholmes. I was hesitant to mention it at first, but since I have absolutely 0 intention of breeding it or calling it either of its parent species, it really shouldn't turn into one of 'those' threads.

So far, my GBB is starting to web and my ornata took a cricket. Looking good so far! I hope my G. pulchra turns out the opposite sex from my other one, it'd be pretty cool to try a breeding project in the future.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
D'oh! Right. I got it mixed up since I never had to write it before. It's a tiny little s'ling, so I don't think pics are in order yet, bholmes. I was hesitant to mention it at first, but since I have absolutely 0 intention of breeding it or calling it either of its parent species, it really shouldn't turn into one of 'those' threads.

So far, my GBB is starting to web and my ornata took a cricket. Looking good so far! I hope my G. pulchra turns out the opposite sex from my other one, it'd be pretty cool to try a breeding project in the future.
Right Pictures are a must in the future. At least make the Pulchra a female. I believe I've got a little 2" male.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. smithi. Sadly, my camera is much better at focusing on the dirtiness of the vial. I tried so many times, but this is the best it got.

P. tigrinawesseli

Thanks,
Rob

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet!

I'm really excited to see the hybrid, I wonder which characteristics it'll get.. Before anyone starts, no I do not condone purposly breeding two different species, but the outcome can be interesting to look at all the same..

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I want to see too...for scientific purposes.

The rare burrowing P. ornata :liar:

-Rob

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
Yet, I got a nice gift in the mail this afternoon! G. pulchra, GBB, B. vagans x albopilosum, P. regalis, P. penderseni, P. ornata, P. tigrinawesseli and P. smithi.
:drool:

Lucky, lucky man.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I want to see too...for scientific purposes.

The rare burrowing P. ornata :liar:

-Rob
LOL All my P Regalis did that. Annoying really since I went threw all that trouble of arboreal setups. 4" and they are still burrowing. :rolleyes:

BillyG

Arachnopeon
GBB is smokin' hot! they got those most beautiful colors on them through their whole life!