Frozen chicks ok for snakes?

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Hi guys, I heard a while ago that feeding frozen thawed chicks to your snakes is a bit of a waste of time because apparently the chicks don't contain enough nutrients for snakes. Ive always fed mice or rats but was recently given some chicks for free. What are your experiencies on this one?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hi guys, I heard a while ago that feeding frozen thawed chicks to your snakes is a bit of a waste of time because apparently the chicks don't contain enough nutrients for snakes. Ive always fed mice or rats but was recently given some chicks for free. What are your experiencies on this one?
Chicks are absolutely fine. Just be aware your snake might have a more runny/smelly turd after a chick. This isn't the chick but due to the change in diet.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Chicks are fine and they are a good food source as a variant in the diet but I wouldn't use them as a diet staple. It is like keeping a snake on pinky mice only, which lacks certain nutrition elements.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Chicks are fine and they are a good food source as a variant in the diet but I wouldn't use them as a diet staple. It is like keeping a snake on pinky mice only, which lacks certain nutrition elements.
Thanks for the info basin 79 & Najakeeper.