From Neo: Jumping Spiders Hatching!!

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello everyone, this message is for everyone who reads but is more specificially designed for those people such as Santanka and RugbyDave and those that are interested in my last report on my jumping spiders.

As I've stated, My female jumping spider has laid a large cluster of egg for about 20 or so days now.

Good news is that, they are finally hatching, the yellow eggs are turning a bit black and some are moving and some near the edge of the cacoon, are barely visible with spider like similarities. I've kept them in my room, very warm. 65-70 F , 50-60 humidity lvl. She is right near my computer. It is pretty fun, I've kept her entertained during her waiting by giving her food. Even as I speak she is eating an earwig. She has already eaten a spider, a fly, and two earwigs, she is enormous. I got a male jumping spider. Red abdol. He is puny compared to her, 1/4th her size. Couldn't handle an earwig, she did it without much thought. Earwigs are dangerous though so I am going to stop that.

For days now, my female jumper, 1 inch percise in length, has continuely popped out of her nest, head only, and look around. She is like a guard. It looks so cute. I move my finger around and she follows it. I wish I got a digi cam or something, little poor right now. Its quite amazing.

Well I want to thank everyone that tried to help me in any possible. David, I've got several jars and I'm going to raise a few but release most of them into my backyard. They are large so the spiders won't feel like they are all couped up, even though they are. One thing, i'm not going to spend $200+ bucks on jumping spider. :) . I gotta go buy the food...good thing my way home passes Petco. Oh yea, its not a audius or whatever, some other species. She is very aggressive as well. Shoulda seen what she did to my prober, haha. She actually took some of the wood out of a toothpick I placed in there. She is gigantic..... Well, hey after looking more I see there are more hatching and coming out. If anyone can give me more help here, I would appreciate it. Man I am so excited. Wish me luck everyone.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
http://www.users.qwest.net/~phidippus/page8.htm

The second one to the bottom and those similiar above of same species

Phidippus pulcherrimus

It looks kind of like that, only difference is the round circle in the middle. Mines just got a red stripe in the middle. On that page it says the jumping spiders are smaller species, on other pages it says that it is a large species. I can't find a lot of info in them. If someone can help me here I will be very grateful. Thx for the help everyone. Internet mess out there. :?

Last edited:

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's awesome. I've got a jumper right now, they show up around my house every so often, I'm hoping to breed them sometime so I can continue keeping them. How difficult was it to do?

Adrian

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It was extremely easy and very fun and exciting as well. Females eat a lot and they aren't scared as much as the mail, since females are seemingly larger and more aggressive of the sexes. Now I'm not too sure about the lings so, lil help here people?

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that's great, neo- i keep a few species of salticidae myself but have thus far not bred them....

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by johns
that's great, neo- i keep a few species of salticidae myself but have thus far not bred them....
You should raise some for yourself. When they hatch you can let most of them free and keep a few for yourself. Loose them in your backyard, see a bunch later.

Hey I got great news, my jumping slings are hatching more and more and where the egg cluster was once which was yellowish, it is now black. When I turn on my reading light, all the babies rush up towards the top part of the cacoon and sit there. Some are blurry and can't be seen but some can as I see their whole spidery figures. Very cute. I've fed the female a large moth today, too hairy. The female also acts much more nervous and doesn't accept food as she use to.

I'm raising some fruit flies for the youngins right now, wish me luck everyone.....I had several dozen of them flew out of the container into my house and my roomate is pissed off.....lol... ;)

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Omg

Hey great news for all you readers. My female jumping spider with recently hatched babies, has just laid more eggs inside the same egg sac. The second egg cluster is a bit smaller.

I really need help here. Like how long until the first set of spiderlings come out of the egg sack? Humidity tempature? I am thinking about keeping two inside a large jar and hoping that they will get use to each other, any ideas?

Any Help Please reply fast, Please I need someone's expert help on jumping spiders and their slings. Or we can set up a chatting or something AIM. I don't know...

HELP :confused: :confused: :confused:

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
calm down there, buddy! :) don't have any news on husbandry of this particular species, but arthropods have been around for longer than people have.

if i had to guess, i'd say keep the humidity slightly higher than you normally would, but not high enough to cause a mold breakout or something

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
calm down there, buddy! :) don't have any news on husbandry of this particular species, but arthropods have been around for longer than people have.

if i had to guess, i'd say keep the humidity slightly higher than you normally would, but not high enough to cause a mold breakout or something
Well thats pretty much the basics in raising inverts consider the more fragile skin and more common molting.

Thanks anyways.

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just glad you're happy.

;)
WHO SAID i WAS HAPPY???

Arg.

Tears into John's skin and injects digestive fluids. :rolleyes:
Watches as John screams and squirms for his life
:D

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:D i can intuitively tell you're happy....
Make me happier by strangling yourself.

Shoots John until near death, sends him to a hospital, shoots john again until near death, sends him to the hospital again..................AND AGAIN AND AGAIN MUAHAHHAHA!!!

;P
;P
;P