Freshly molted Highway 10

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is an arizona species that was collected from highway 10 out here, and i cant think of the scientific name:D

Here's her molt skin i just snatched.

Attachments

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And here she is after ;P
This color change amazed me so much.. i thought it would always be a brownish color:rolleyes:, guess she proved me wrong:D

Attachments

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive just searched thru pics of arizona species and i found it is an Aphonopelma Seemani

Ian

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Really nice littel spid!
Although I'm wondering what eyes you're wearing if you think it looks much like the A.Moorae or a Seemani..

Last edited:

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been wanting a mooreae for a bit now, they're hard to find though. She's beautiful either way:D

MORBIUS

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great looking "T" !! Was that collected at your home town, or just somewhere around the Arizona area?. It's definately a beauty.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
nice looking T, my uncle found one when he went gold panning few years back that looked just like that it was a docil T he took it back to ohio with him dont know what he ever did with it, where abouts in zona do you live?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by DiStUrBeD-OnE
This is an arizona species that was collected from highway 10 out here, and i cant think of the scientific name:D

Here's her molt skin i just snatched.
The scientific name is: Aphonopelma Sp. Highway 10.
Its a rare sp. found in Pima Co. Az. . In the book Tarantula's of the U.S and Mexico, it was described by 1 male found in that area.

It is currently being studyed at the U of K by a professor who does T's. I donated 2 adult females, 1 mature male and a juvie. from the same colony for his study. We'll see..
I also gave Ian his juvie. He dogged on it alot, but now he loves it. :rolleyes:

Ernie

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well whaddaya expect? it was a brown lump for 7 months;P

Now that we all know what it is, lets find out the sex.. heres the best pic i could get of the inside of it.

Ian

Attachments

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hard to say from that pic Ian.
Do the pin trick to see if theres a flap.. Remember?;)

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
A. Seemani.............?

I don't think so:?

Looks kinda "Blue" to me:)

Still a beauty of a T!=D

I wish I could walk outside and just find something like that.