Freshly Molted anax Pics (Brown to Blue, or, you'd think it was a lividum)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey all!

Doin some local T shopping yesterday, and came across a bunch of beautiful Aphonopelma anax adults (Texas Tans) for $10 a pop ($12 with the cage, Jill rules!).

I quickly bought 2 leaving 2 for others who ramble down this way lookin for some Ts ;)

Anyways, this morning when i woke up to take a look at my brown boy, i found the following (taken with a flash of course, since those aren't neccesarily the true colours).

they're a beautiful species, in my opinion, slightly resembling a vagans.. When they mature, they'll get a soft, muted slight brick colour on their abdomens and a deep jet blue-black colouring all around...

But the way the light caught this guy was pretty cool.

anyways
they're cool.
peace
dave

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those aren't the true colours, again, and when it's becomes an adult, i'll be very happy to post some pics of this beauty!!

the carapace is a really soft golden colour.. really amazing!

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this is closer to the true colour, but with no light... so.. we're on the other end of the spectrum now.. once it hardens up, i'll take some nice pics!

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh yes, here's what the T came from.. I know the molt looks wierd, but the rest of it was all messed up... so thats that :)

- D

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is the other guy i picked up doing what he (aparently) does best. The T just molted too, since the fangs aren't fully black yet (and, um, you can see the molt in the cage ;) )

this thing was bent up like freaking 90 degrees! Don't worry they're both switched into new cages with actual substrate.

peace
dave

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
again, i stick to my whole "whether you know T's or not, you can tell when one's pissed" ;)

i was just taking out some cricket parts that i didnt notice untill today... they were pretty nasty to say the least. i just got em yesterday, though...

alright enough of this
dave

Last edited:

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's pretty

I wish I would have one of thoes but for now I must resist :(
any ways beautiful T and what a deal you got for such a beauty

geo

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey man

yeah its a pretty cool T :)

It was a good deal, but not AMAZING.. well, considering they usually go for $20 to $25 for 2" and $30 for a 3", its not that bad actually...

they had a beautiful 1/2-1" C.huahini for $14... i think i'm going to pick it up tommorow (unless you want it Jeff????)

peace
dave

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice T's Dave, I'll have to look for that species. Closest I had was A. hentzii.

Andy

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any pics of the hentzii?

They're a pretty cool species!

pce
dave

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dave,
I'm working at getting some pics of some of my T's. I don't have a digital cam, but my brother visited and I had him take some pics, now is the waiting game. Waiting for him to send me the pics so I can post them.

Andy

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cool T dave do you know the sex of them and how large is it?

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice pics dave, nice looking T you have there.

It would be cool if there was a bluish Aphonopelma, they couldn't have any worse of an attitude than a H. lividum.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey there

No,i don't know the sex, but i think i got 2 females sadly. I'm going to go back tomorrow and try to see if there's any males.

they're about 3" right now.. from what i hear, they stay pretty small (< 5" i think? anyone know for sure?)

i want to get a couple good breeding rings started if-slash-when i get back from TX/NM (when i get some time), and this is one species i want to breed, among others.

or, does anyone else have a male of this species (a true Anax, not a generic "texas tan") -- thanks!

pce
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, what a gorgeous T! :)

very, very awesome. so it isn't actually that blue color or what? you're confusing me dave. :/