Freshly Molted A. geniculata (Pics)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Here's my sub-adult male munching down on some crickets post molt. I believe it had about 10 in it's fangs at this point....

Here's a closeup

Scott

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How do you feed tarantulas multiple crickts? just drop em all in and the T just goes around gobbleing them all up?

I've got a 4 inch juvinile right now, i CANT WAIT until she gets huge!

Mark

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome pic... my A. geniculata is quickly becoming one of my favorite T's. It just molted recently, but I still don't know the sex. It destroyed the exuvium.

Botar

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Originally posted by Bjorgly
How do you feed tarantulas multiple crickts? just drop em all in and the T just goes around gobbleing them all up?

Mark
Pretty much. When I'm dealing with a fairly large T such as my geniculata, I'll drop the crickets right in front of him one at a time. As long as he jumps on them as soon as they hit the substrate, I keep throwing them in. Well, up to a point at least. The only reason I went as high as 10 this time was because it was his first major feeding since he started eating again after his molt...

Scott

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by mrderanged
Pretty much. When I'm dealing with a fairly large T such as my geniculata, I'll drop the crickets right in front of him one at a time. As long as he jumps on them as soon as they hit the substrate, I keep throwing them in. Well, up to a point at least. The only reason I went as high as 10 this time was because it was his first major feeding since he started eating again after his molt...

Scott
Well, I'm glad you decided to feed him, as it's obvious you've been starving him up to now. Only look how skinny he is! ;)

Joy

chaset

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Multiple Feedings

My A. Seemani 's record it 5 at once, it was also a couple weeks after a post molt

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
10 crickets!?!? Tell him to chew his food 52 times or he's liable to get a blood clot!

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
scott, once again you post a splendid pic. the only person who comes to this site that consistently rivals your pics, IMO, is joy. yall should have a pic competition to see who has the best pics of different species! ;)

kellygirl

Fuggrur

Arachnopeon
the only person who comes to this site that consistently rivals your pics, IMO, is joy
You forgot Phillip.. He has some awesome photos
along with Immortal_Sin....

I think someone should give me a digital camera, so I can compete Hehe

:D

Last edited: