Fresh Molt Pics

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

Here is my 5 3/4" A.geniculata and my 4" G.rosea a couple days after molt.

Last edited:

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW!!! I can just say GREAT :D
Congratulations :)
You have got really beautiful spiders :)
I have got A. geniculata and G. rosea as well, but they both are about 1/2" now. I can't wait until they would be this size like yours :D

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bodc21,

I think it's a female rosey but i cant tell 100% for sure. I hope its female.

Thanks for the compliments everyone =)

Mark

BullF-16

Arachnopeon
Very nice, I just bought a A. genic female ~ 4 inch. How do you like her. Any tips getting mine through her first molt with me?

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I see the genic likes to keep her water realistic =) Nice spids, btw.

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
Thats what i thought when i bought my rosey but she turned out to be a he,he is a mature male now i want to breed him i need a mature female tho!-jason

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wich is nicest to you, your buddy i mean.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Your rosie looks a lot more hairy than mine, heh -- Mine seems to be all legs.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah the A.geniculata loves to fill her water dish with dirt so I gave up changing it daily. The dirt always settles to the bottom so it is not doing anything.

As for tips for getting them through the molt, I would just have to say keep the humidity around 80%. There is no proof that humidity helps tarantulas through molts but if anything it cannot be a bad thing. The humidity in her cage is 70-80% all the time and she hangs out right by her water dish 99% of the time.

Mark

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Temps in Santarem, Brazil, one of the cities where Acanthoscurria geniculata is found native in, are ranging from 75F at night to 88F during the day. Humidities are ranging from 75% during the day to 90% at night. It thunderstorms there pretty much every day and has been for the last month or more. While most of the thunderstorms are scattered over the area, and once in a while isolated to certain parts of Santarem, there are at least a couple days per week of heavy thunderstorms covering the entire Santarem area. The weather is very similar in Para, only it's even hotter, ranging from the lower 80's to the mid 90's. It's storming there as well. And lastly in Amazonas, the weather is also pretty much like it is in Santarem, same temps, same constant thunderstorms!

Just figured you might want to know what it's like in A. geniculata's home town! ;)

Take care,

Paul