Four molts in three months?!?

Gregg1LE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My L. Parahybana female has molted four times in the last three months....I'm pleased she has grown from 5" to 7" so quickly, but I never expected it so fast.Is this normal? Should I slow down on her feeding?
Thanks-
Gregg

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I just have a sling of this species and I haven't had it for that long at this point so I really don't know about their growth rates at that size. I have heard that they are a rather quick growing species and while 4 molts in 3 months sounds a bit excessive at that size, it may not be. Either way, I doubt that it signifies any kind of problem. Whether or not you should feed it less depends entirely on you. How quick do you want it to grow??? If you like the speed it's growing at, then keep feeding it as you have been. If you're not interested in it growing as quickly as it has been, then slow down on the feedings a bit. Like I said, it's up to you....

Scott

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Brazilian Salmon Pinks!!

;P ;P Brazilian Salmon Pinks always grow very fast and if this one is molting that fast then its normal.. But the males will molt and grow alot faster than the females as i have had few males grow at a real super fast rate,, and with in the year was a mature male.. Females will grow at a real fast rate to but not as fast as the males.. Good luck on that and dont worry as this is very normal..... ;P ;P