found this little critter at work today

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
while cleaning some drift wood at the petshop today i washed this little critter out of one of the pieces of wood . not sure what species it is , but i figured i'd bring it home and see if i could get it to eat . any ideas on what it is would be apreciated .

thanks for looking .

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thank you . i have no clue about pedes . do you think it will do ok on moist bed a beast ?

????josh????

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It should be fine. Bed a beast is that ground cocoanut shell stuff right? I keep mine on moist peat.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yup , thats the stuff . it's what i had so it's what i used . my T's seem to do well on it and it doesn't mold as easily as some stuff i've used .

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have one of those that I caught in the woods near my house. I have it in with some other local stuff and everyone seems to leave everyone else alone. I have been throwing crickets in for everybody and they eat them fine. I have them all on potting soil that I sifted the chucks out of with a screen and I mist it once a day. It dries out exceedingly fast. I have hides in there for everything to get into and I keep it all in a 2 1/2 gallon tank.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for the info folks . do yall think hissing roach nymphs would work as food if i half kill them before i put them in there ? i'd really like this little guy to do well . if crickets would be better i can get them from work anytime .

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thanks for the info folks . do yall think hissing roach nymphs would work as food if i half kill them before i put them in there ? i'd really like this little guy to do well . if crickets would be better i can get them from work anytime .
work fine. try to feed the hissers all kinds of random fruits, vegs, and meats. my hissers cleaned a duck head down to skull and then started working the bone. er... or whatever a duck's headbonething is made out of, as i don't know too much about them.

if you can get crickets too, you might as well. and if you have other sp of roaches you could rotate their nymphs in too. i think the bigger variety of prey the better.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks . i feed my roaches a variety of stuff so i guess they are ok . i'll alternate with crickets .