Found a weird thing

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
I was thinking a hellgrammite. Those things can get to about 2+ inches, and turn into huge dobsonflies.

There are also some pretty big crane fly larvae, from what I've seen.

DonVhanDude

Arachnopeon
Take that caddisfly larvae there, move the legs to the middle, take the two points off the end of its tail, and make it completely semen-coloured, and you're seeing close to what I seen.

PinkyDinky

Arachnopeon
Reading this thread has been like reading a Nancy Drew book.

I want to know the ending already :p Someone come up with the answer already!

Solve the case! Solve the case!

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
Could it be a backswimmer? The only part I'd be concerned about is the "scorpion-like" tail.

There are also riffle beetle larvae, whirligig beetle larvae, marsh treaders, mayfly larvae, pyralid caterpillars, or many other things. This aquatic insect could be a lot of things without the proper description, and could even be attacked by predators or a larvae of a wide assortment of aquatic beetles. Was it above or below the water? Did it appear to have any wings? Was it fast in any way? Did it have a needle-like mouth or pincer-jaws? Is it possible you can give a drawing of what you saw?Honestly, this animal could be lots of things without more information.

DonVhanDude

Arachnopeon
Alright, I'll describe it again, then, from the wrist, to the first thumb knuckle, was its length, it was the color of sperm, and not much thicker than a twig, it was below the water, but I got it on a stick, and it reminded me of a facehugger from AVP, the way it curled around it, it got up on the stick, and started rushing me, no claws, or pincers, or teeth that I could see, just its tail, I threw it in the water, and it slipped between some rocks on the shore, so I don't know if it lives in, or out of the water, and keep in mind that Bear Creek used to be a landfill, and then some, and it's been every color of the rainbow, so if it can't survive pollution, then it's not what I seen. So, to sweeten it up, its about an inch long, from tip to tip, semen coloured, six legs, a tail, and a body.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Alright, I'll describe it again, then, from the wrist, to the first thumb knuckle, was its length, it was the color of sperm, and not much thicker than a twig, it was below the water, but I got it on a stick, and it reminded me of a facehugger from AVP, the way it curled around it, it got up on the stick, and started rushing me, no claws, or pincers, or teeth that I could see, just its tail, I threw it in the water, and it slipped between some rocks on the shore, so I don't know if it lives in, or out of the water, and keep in mind that Bear Creek used to be a landfill, and then some, and it's been every color of the rainbow, so if it can't survive pollution, then it's not what I seen. So, to sweeten it up, its about an inch long, from tip to tip, semen coloured, six legs, a tail, and a body.
✓ One inch long.
✓ Breaths through tail.
✓ Pollution tolerant.
✓ No claws or pinchers.
✓ Six legs, tail, and body.
✓ Slim like a twig.
✓ Can be semen colored after a molt.

It's a waterscorpion in the genus Ranatra. You just saw one after a molt.

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
Though this specimen of water scorpion (Ranatra sp.) might be a lot slimmer than a normal twig, but more hair-like. I wonder why there would be such a small water scorpion in such polluted waters? I could see an adult specimen looking for somewhere to lay its eggs, but why would nymphs be in there out of all places?

Tigrosa

Arachnosquire
✓ One inch long.
✓ Breaths through tail.
✓ Pollution tolerant.
✓ No claws or pinchers.
✓ Six legs, tail, and body.
✓ Slim like a twig.
✓ Can be semen colored after a molt.

It's a waterscorpion in the genus Ranatra. You just saw one after a molt.

I think you are absolutely correct. Fits the description to a tee... even the part OP's buddy said about "they can't sting, but they do bite".