Found a nice Latrodectus geometricus

sfpearl300z

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heyo. I have a vast collection of scorpions and have never been into spiders/T's much, but they are slowly growing on me.

Found this little gem outside the office a few days ago and decided to make it my desk pet.

Really love the coloration and patterns.

Pics:

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Congrats! We own a female L. geometricus as well.. such a beauty! GREAT pictures, I love the markings! Soo neat :D

davisfam

Arachnoknight
very nice, i love that color form.
I am not sure if it's because I don't have a high-tech camera or what but my L. geo's patterns are not nearly as vibrant as this spider's. :(

Obviously, all spiders have unique and different markings/colors, of course but this L. geo blows mine out of the water in appearance. I love how she looks kind of "glittery" in the 3rd picture from the top! :p

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
geos are ridiculously varied in their color pattern. anywhere from jet black, to dark brown, to very light brown, to silver, to white, to well-defined lines/patterns, to faint/no patterns, to, well, you get the hint. :D they come in all colors seems like :eek:

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
geos are ridiculously varied in their color pattern. anywhere from jet black, to dark brown, to very light brown, to silver, to white, to well-defined lines/patterns, to faint/no patterns, to, well, you get the hint. :D they come in all colors seems like :eek:
:} Do I hear a breeding project to try and "narrow" these options to "set morphs"??? ;P

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, beautiful pictures. Well done! We don't have any of that species in this area. How sad. I do have an L. Hesperus that has now lived in residence for two years though. She was a large mature when I caught her. I would love to see an L. bishopi sometime too (though I live nowhere near florida).
Congrats on your new lady!
Knight in Gale

sfpearl300z

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the comments everyone. These girls are all over the building at work and the color morphs between them are drastic. I grabbed this one because she was the largest and definitely prettiest of the bunch.

Unfortunately, she was DOA when I got in this morning. :( Wonder if it has anything to do with what appears to be mold on her back... you can kinda see a spot developing in the pictures. I took some pictures, but forgot my camera cable so I'll have them up tomorrow.

Time to go catch another one. :D

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Wow, beautiful pictures. Well done! We don't have any of that species in this area. How sad. I do have an L. Hesperus that has now lived in residence for two years though. She was a large mature when I caught her. I would love to see an L. bishopi sometime too (though I live nowhere near florida).
Congrats on your new lady!
Knight in Gale
If we come across any L. bishopi, I'll def. snap some pictures for you! We see ALL sorts of amazing species down here in Florida; just moved here from Illinois in 2009 and we love the nature life in this state! :D