Found a cool little centipede..

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its a small Scolopendra Heros Castaniceps. Found this guy under a large flat rock. Its weird because its the first heros that I found under a rock. I usually only find them under wooden boards. Maybe thats just my experiences.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Congrats, they are so cute when little and then as they grow they become big and ferocious!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup, they are great pedes, ive got a pretty good sized honker in my collection:) a definite must have.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
10'' is a biggie alright,mines about 8 1/2 now,but still growing{D
brag brag why dont ya,,,, oh wait never mind. Galapoheros had one over 9 but he lost it somewhere ... probably ran away for lack of food. lol

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think the arizonensias form gets a bit bigger than the castaniceps form.

I have one that's about 7.5, maybe 8 inches.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: nice! i had 1 sometime ago it was about 8" it passed on,but they live for a long time,i gotta get another. honestly i think these are prettier that the castanicepts,i have the banded form,i don't think they get as big either she's about 7"

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont think anyone knows how big they get. i wish i had been interested in them a few years ago. i saw some at my mom's lakehouse that were at least 10" and still black and red. but at the time i wasnt interested in keeping them. I dont know but i think the one that Galapoheros would probably be a record for SHC in captivity... I hope he finds that thing again or we may never know

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
true, even with other centipedes,just think there could be giants out there and we'll never know.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i want one like the ones on the remake of King Kong lol man they were righteous bugs !!!!a 6' subspinipes RUN FOREST RUNNNNN