For Al

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's the set-up I use. With this, my Ts and scorps both are almost always out in the open, with the larger portion of darkness they don't burrow a whole lot either. Makes it great for display.

Marcus

Attachments

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The other Ts are on the floor right now...lol. I am still getting their boxes cut, as I have just had them resting in there for the past few weeks. I am currently looking for new setups allowing more burrowing room, along with boxes to encase them in.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
that's an idea I'm going to have to check out with my Ts that I never see.... I might actually see them more often if I did that...

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the pictures. It gives me a good idea. I may try that. I wonder how sheets of 1/2"styrofoam would work. I did make a small hide for my sling using aluminum foil folded so that it is 4 or 8 ply.

Last edited:

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Styrophome would probably look a lot nicer. Mine looks ghetto, but its a necessity. We aren't allowed to have pets and the people who check our apts. aren't allowed to look in boxes, so that's where I got the idea. Come to find out it works great to keep them out and about, so as soon as I'm outta here I'll modify the idea. But yeah, styrophome sounds good. Man, I'm still trying to find something to use that is similar to what Martin posted...the tall, long, slender "containers" he used to keep his burrowing species in. I haven't been able to find anything even remoteloy similar that would be good in size around here. Do any of you know of a good dealer that sells enclosers and supplies?

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good idea, but I'm afraid it wouldn't have enough terrain space...wait...pretzel jar...how big is a pretzel jar? lol

Al Muoio

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pretzel jar

The one I am thinking of is about 12inches tall and about 9 inches round.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whoa rock on...you can have your cage and eat it too.... yeah that was lame. lol. But that sounds really good. I have them in plastic file holders right now...lmao, but you can't see in them. I was like...crap. Oh well, we'll see how they do for now. I'll let them finish their moltings and then maybe switch enclosures after that. There was mold in both of their cages that I found after removal so I guess this was for the best anyway.