food for discoids

HcUnderoath

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i was wondering would discoids eat zupreem ferret food?
and should they eat it? i was wonderin cuz i have plenty of it on hand

i think ferret food has high levels of ingredients that i cant really compare
with other foods

for example i know it has taurine in it.. which i think is weird, i dont know much about health related stuff so help would be appreciated

darkhelmet

Arachnopeon
i just give mine the leftover veggies and whatnot....cat food is supposed to be good for them too

Villosa

Arachnopeon
I feed mine mainly romain for moisture (I also supply a drinking supply via cotton wick and a reservoir). Main food sources are cat food, cricket diet, and fresh fruit, rice, etc from the day after being cooked. I never use left overs from days ago, I like to think it keeps the colony healthier and avoids mold etc. As for your ferret food, really, there is not food source they will not eat. Try it and see, come colonies can be picky though.

darkhelmet

Arachnopeon
I feed mine mainly romain for moisture (I also supply a drinking supply via cotton wick and a reservoir). Main food sources are cat food, cricket diet, and fresh fruit, rice, etc from the day after being cooked. I never use left overs from days ago, I like to think it keeps the colony healthier and avoids mold etc. As for your ferret food, really, there is not food source they will not eat. Try it and see, come colonies can be picky though.
yeah i should point out when i say leftovers i mean the "i'd still eat it but the roaches need food too" leftover veggies. not old "this needs to be in the garbage" veggies

Villosa

Arachnopeon
Haha, sorry darkhelmet if it seemed like I took a jab at you...I didn't even realize it. I usually like to make the point that fresh is best.