Fm avic metallica

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
My husband and I bought a FM avic. Metallica, since being in our care she has refused to eat. It has been almost three weeks and she is still refusing food and not building her burrow. Her abdomen is getting smaller and smaller everyday, I am very worried about her. We have her terrarium set up perfect with a spot for hiding and everything.. what do you think is the problem?

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Could be humidity, temperature, premolt, etc. If you have a picture of the enclosure and some of the environment conditions it would be a lot easier to answer your question.

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
Humidity is decent and temp is between 75 and 85. we have ecoearth set on the bottom and a tall log that has many branches in the shape of a nice sized hide for the top of the cage. We mist her and we also have a mist machine that we use once in a while.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

we do not have any pictures up yet.. my husband likes to get the bigger cages which at the repticon reptile show last weekend they said may not be a good idea.. I dont want our Ts to be stressed because of the size of their enclosure.. could that possibly be an issue? i believe the cage is 18x18xsomething im not positive though.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does it have hooks under the first set of legs? (Not the pedipalps). And do the pedipalps look balled up like it's wearing boxing gloves?

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I was also thinkin possible MM......if so find hima lady!