Florida ivory deaths

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
Hello again.. in the past few weeks I've noticed about 3 of my Florida ivories passed. All of my other millipedes are doing great. I had bought 10 ivories from a local pet shop to add to the ones I already had hoping they'd mate eventually and I'm assuming it's them that are dying off. I did notice a black spot on the one I found today. I don't have photos, but I'm drying out the body so I could probably get one. Any insight would be much appreciated. I get nervous because I house all of my species together and wouldn't want anything to happen to my beloved a gigas or my flameleg.

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
This is the one with the black mark. I'm not sure if it was from a bad molt or something else..
Screenshot_20170202-000355.png

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Could be mycosis or some sort of random injury that got infected, but I would probably recommend separating the flame legs and AGB just to be safe in case it is some sort of pathogen.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
I agree with pannaking.
It's probably best to try and separate your other species, just to be on the safe side.
Clean out the enclosure and put new substrate in before utilizing it again, just in case it is some kind of contagious pathogen.

It's also good to quarantine new individuals before introducing them into your other species as a future reference.
Just to make sure they're healthy and don't have anything that might infect other healthy individuals.

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
Found a live one with the black marks. It seems fine. I'll have to keep an eye. I realized my substrate was pretty wet, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. Screenshot_20170202-184646.png

mickiem

Arachnoprince
When I see those marks most often - it is on pedes from local herp shows and the vendor knows nothing about them. I think they get them in WC and cheaply and the handling/ husbandry is lacking. I think it reflects very careless (even aggressive) handling.

meloddipedes

Arachnopeon
When I see those marks most often - it is on pedes from local herp shows and the vendor knows nothing about them. I think they get them in WC and cheaply and the handling/ husbandry is lacking. I think it reflects very careless (even aggressive) handling.
That very well could be. I have no idea where they came from and mine have never looked like this. I've had some of mine for years with no issues. I hope no more die off and from now on I will check every specimen I buy before hand.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Not all of mine have died that had those marks. Some molt out of it and continue a healthy life. Hopefully the rest of yours will be fine.