Flies please help!

Dora

Arachnopeon
I have noticed in some spiders in the soil that I use (platantion soil exo terra) some white larva that become little flies...I repeat in the soil not on spiders they don't appear to bother them..They are not in the carcasses of their food just in the soil.They are not for sure phorids I examined them they don't have the typical behavior of them and the appearance is not the same...Maybe I should leave the soil unwatered?I don't have any water source for the spiders I water their soil..Now I will put some dishes.

cold blood

Staff member
Yeah put in water dishes. I'd buy different soil. I buy the cheap stuff at home depot (Earthgro) and have never had any issue.

cold blood

Staff member
Flies are an irritant, but theyre not going to harm the t, just annoy the crap out of you.

Dora

Arachnopeon
Ffff ok I was worried very very much...Thankfully they are not at all ts only to few..I will put also glue traps to minimize their population!I just changed the soil,the new one I made it with really hot water and I put inside little bird sand(I have been said that creates bad enviroment for the bacteria) to see how it is going..

Last edited: