Flagstaff orange caresheet

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi. Iam looking for a caresheet for my FO and not having any luck. Also, how many slings can a female have? I have a 3.5" male. Thanks. Craig.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi. Iam looking for a caresheet for my FO and not having any luck. Also, how many slings can a female have? I have a 3.5" male. Thanks. Craig.
keep it like A. hentzi or A. chalcodes
not sure prob 100-500 per sac but the male wont have any lol

Buckwheat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Care sheets are notorious for being inaccurate. The best thing that you could do would be to research the area from which these are found in and geographic and climatic conditions that exist there. I don’t have this species but I spend a week in Arizona every year and know the state quite well. I’d say just off the top of my hat that this species could be kept dry with a water source. If you want to see it then don’t allow it to burrow. If you want it to live a natural life style allow it to burrow. You can make a nice pre-made burrow by simply digging out some soil leaving about two inches in the bottom. Insert a paper towel tube held up right in that space. Gently back fill in around the tube compacting firmly but not too firmly until the hole is level with the rest of the substrate. If you’ve done this correctly then a gentle twist of the tube as you pull it up and out will leave a nice sized pre-made burrow that your spider will find and use. Room temperature should be fine all year around. Don’t mist these, as they are a dry environment spider. Feed it and enjoy what it does naturally.

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply, I will check out their caresheet. You you are telling me my male won't produce an eggsack?:? ..................:D

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks for the reply, I will check out their caresheet. You you are telling me my male won't produce an eggsack?:? ..................:D
yeah ...funny that , eh
if he does... you could be a millionaire lol

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the info buckwheat. It is believed to be a flagstaff orange, found in Yarnell,AZ.
jager, If I tape a fake eggsack underhim, do I still get a million? HA. Yeah, if I don't get a female then I will send him out on loan:)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks for the info buckwheat. It is believed to be a flagstaff orange, found in Yarnell,AZ.
jager, If I tape a fake eggsack underhim, do I still get a million? HA. Yeah, if I don't get a female then I will send him out on loan:)
lol
no telling , you should get a female

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, keeping my eye out for one. Want on atleast 3" though.

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, didn't know that! I will check for a sperm web, whatever that looks like:confused:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow, didn't know that! I will check for a sperm web, whatever that looks like:confused:
the male will get hooks on the tibia like the rest of the aphonopelma and get bulbs on the palps. if he dont have those he isnt mature yet...

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey jager, yeah, I figured that but what does the web look like? I don't really see the hooks yet but haven't really examined him. He is a beauty though.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my female is just at 2". i don't think she'll catch up in time :(

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my female is just at 2". i don't think she'll catch up in time :(
its possible, if craig slows his down by not feeding and keeping cooler and you keep the female warmer and feed her more... the male amy slow down enough for the female to mature first...

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How would I slow down the Feeding? I usually feed a cricket every mon, wed, and friday. Cooler temps, I think thats ruled out. lol, I have him in my garage. Thsnkd for that link.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
How would I slow down the Feeding? I usually feed a cricket every mon, wed, and friday. Cooler temps, I think thats ruled out. lol, I have him in my garage. Thsnkd for that link.
you would slow the feeding down to 0 crix 0 times per week for 3 months lol and cool him to say 70-75 F (like bring in the house in A/C)

and the female would be warmed to say 80-85 F and fed 2 crix every other day or more if it eats them fast