First Ts

Terry Clydesdale

Arachnopeon
Hello and good day. I’m getting my first ever Ts on Tuesday from arachnophiliac. I’m getting a b albo at one inch and a b baumgarteni at one and a half inches. Was just wondering some of the best advise you can give to an arachnophobic trying to get over it. So I have a mix of coco fibre and top soil for sub just wondering damp or bone dry or over fill the water dish? I was told dubia roaches are the best to feed but are they legal here in bc Canada? Or should I just start a meal worm farm?

Dman

Arachnosquire
I would recommend dry sub and overfill the water dish on the one side of the enclosure. I like to layer my sub and will put a layer of damp sub underneath a layer of dry sub. This allows your T to dig down to moisture if they want to.

You wont need a mealworm farm. Do you have access to a pet store with crickets and mealworms?

Terry Clydesdale

Arachnopeon
I would recommend dry sub and overfill the water dish on the one side of the enclosure. I like to layer my sub and will put a layer of damp sub underneath a layer of dry sub. This allows your T to dig down to moisture if they want to.

You wont need a mealworm farm. Do you have access to a pet store with crickets and mealworms?
The pet shops in my small ass town are bad. I also have a bearded dragon which is why I thought just breed my own. I really like that layering idea tho thanks big my dude

Dman

Arachnosquire
The pet shops in my small ass town are bad. I also have a bearded dragon which is why I thought just breed my own. I really like that layering idea tho thanks big my dude
I no longer have a Beardie but I do not miss the expense of feeding it. Easily 50 crickets a week plus veggies and worms. I fed all of my T's yesterday for $3.00. Gotta love it.

Last edited:

Terry Clydesdale

Arachnopeon
I know longer have a Beardie but I do not miss the expense of feeding it. Easily 50 crickets a week plus veggies and worms. I fed all of my T's yesterday for $3.00. Gotta love it.
Right. My beardy is young but a super healthy eater. With the fresh fruit veggies and bugs is close that that 40-50$.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Right. My beardy is young but a super healthy eater. With the fresh fruit veggies and bugs is close that that 40-50$.
If you're asking about what to feed your T.'s then what feeder insects are you feeding to your bearded dragon??

Terry Clydesdale

Arachnopeon
If you're asking about what to feed your T.'s then what feeder insects are you feeding to your bearded dragon??
Just wondering in setting up a worm farm would be better then buying from pet shops. And I can cut out buy crickets and just meal worm farm for all things as feeders. Sry I got slightly off T topics

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Just wondering in setting up a worm farm would be better then buying from pet shops. And I can cut out buy crickets and just meal worm farm for all things as feeders. Sry I got slightly off T topics
If you're planning to get more T.'s in the future, it might be worth it. The bearded dragon can certainly keep the colony population in check, but I gotta say that a bearded dragon can easily eat up a huge portion.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Dubia roaches are illegal on a Federal level at the CFIA. Recent requests to have that reviewed have failed. Don't get caught with them, it won't go well.