First Tarantulas, some questions

corydalis

Arachnoknight
Second photo looks very much like a Tliltocatl vagans. It's definitely a red rump not a C. lividus count your luck.

If it was a C. lividus I would urge you to sell it asap. Those T's are not for the inexperienced.

The other one Acanthoscurria geniculata are awesome. I have a mature male over 8 inches and he's been a joy to raise from a sling.
First one looks Vitalius (ex Nhandu) chromatus to me, based on the light carapax (mainly).

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
The first photo is without a doubt N. chromatus. The striping down the legs is a giveaway and the leg banding is off for a genic.

My MM genic pics I posted in another thread.
20240807_160921.jpg
20240807_160515.jpg

Glorfindel

Arachnoknight
Congrats on the New World Hair Kickers.
Maybe Cyriopagopus Lividus awaits you in future.
Good Luck and Welcome to Arachnoboards.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I told the guy to pet store what do you want me to memorize all the scientific and common names that’s impossible?
Luckily I remember nomenclature after only reading basically once. It really gets easier with practice. If you just force yourself to only use the nomenclature without option you’ll quickily retain it!

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Luckily I remember nomenclature after only reading basically once. It really gets easier with practice. If you just force yourself to only use the nomenclature without option you’ll quickily retain it!
Yeah, I had no idea what an Ecuadorian purple was.
Couldn’t tell lol 😂

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
This why I don’t mess with any common names at all….!
The only one they could give me a scientific name for was the one I got as a sling. I didn’t bother with any of the juvys on display even though the curly and seemani looked possible female.
Those are common species.

I am Raf

Arachnopeon
Hi, first time here. I've done lots of research on beginner species and husbandry for them. An opportunity came up where someone was moving and needed to get rid of 2 tarantulas. One happened to be brazilian white knee which interested me. He ended up offering both for very cheap so I went ahead with it. Here's the catch though, the 2nd one is claimed to be a cobalt blue. I can't tell though, and it's enclosure it came in is not set up correctly if it is. It only has a couple inches of substrate. I know a cobalt blue isn't a beginner species. But like I said I'm iffy if it even is one. And if it is I need to re house it. I'll attach a picture. Thanks. (Also added a Pic of the brazilian white knee)
The tarantula in the first pic is Vitalius chromatus, commonly know as the Brazilian Red and White.
Giant white knee is (usually) the common name for Acanthoscurria geniculata. This is why common names are useless

The 2nd tarantula does not look like a Cyriopagopus lividus (Cobalt blue) at all.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
"Life is like a box of chocalates.You never know what you're gonna get"
Forest Gump