First Pokie!!!

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
My first was a P. ornata - and it was one of my weirdest tarantula buying experienes ever. I had ordered a 4" female - and got a 3" male :meh:. Of course I complained by mail, but didn't hear anything back. Two weeks later, though, I got an unannounced package with not one, but two more 3" ornatas. Turned out one was another male and one was finally the female I wanted. I think the seller was just running out of space and was unloading a few males... Both males went on to hopefully make more Pokies.

I think subfuscas are my favorites, though. My three juveniles are very visible and chill and I hope at least one of them is female (two are already sexed as males...:()
I remember that well, and you owe me btw.

Should have flown down here to Montreal and hand delivered those extra males to me. :cigar: No appreciation around here. ;) :rofl:

Element

Arachnopeon
My first was a P. ornata - and it was one of my weirdest tarantula buying experienes ever. I had ordered a 4" female - and got a 3" male :meh:. Of course I complained by mail, but didn't hear anything back. Two weeks later, though, I got an unannounced package with not one, but two more 3" ornatas. Turned out one was another male and one was finally the female I wanted. I think the seller was just running out of space and was unloading a few males... Both males went on to hopefully make more Pokies.

I think subfuscas are my favorites, though. My three juveniles are very visible and chill and I hope at least one of them is female (two are already sexed as males...:()
Dang that’s a really sketchy thing to open in the mail randomly. I’m glad you got your female though!

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
My first was P. subfusca 'Lowland' because they're meant to be one of the calmer/more visible Pokies and I definitely prefer it to my P. metallica (my metallica is cool as well, I just prefer the subfusca).

Obligatory pics
View media item 52033
Metallica died of dks , male probably and I ran out of money. Been unable to find a job for around 4 years. Great Depression ain’t got noThing on current job crisis: sad times.:drowning:

Dang that’s a really sketchy thing to open in the mail randomly. I’m glad you got your female though!
Wish I had your luck seller who sold me the T stirmi should had atleast gave me a free sling or juvenile. For the one I was sold with a cyst ready to die. Win some you lose some, most sellers were good.
That guy has since vanished from AB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aleetist

Arachnosquire
Congrats!!! How exciting, I am so happy for you :) I am a new T owner and after getting a C. Versicolor for my second sling I just fell right in love with arboreals and plan on having mostly them in my collection. I am planning on working my way up to Pokies like you did, so I am so happy and excited for you and your new spiders and can't wait until I am ready :happy:

Element

Arachnopeon
Congrats!!! How exciting, I am so happy for you :) I am a new T owner and after getting a C. Versicolor for my second sling I just fell right in love with arboreals and plan on having mostly them in my collection. I am planning on working my way up to Pokies like you did, so I am so happy and excited for you and your new spiders and can't wait until I am ready :happy:
Hey that’s actually where I started! My first T’s were a GBB and a Versicolor as well! The Versicolor taught me soooo much and I made a lot of mistakes and it was a super forgiving little spider. Then I think the next step up was an Avicularia Purpurea which really challenged me because it was way more skittish and would bolt out of its enclosure at the slightest breeze or a light. Then it was Psalmopoeus Cambridgei which was more intimidating and confrontational and fast as greased lighting (well it felt like it at the time)! Keep at it and you’ll be ready for a Pokie before you know it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Beautiful pics! I personally love Regalis and Ornata too but I gotta stop the addiction somewhere (until I get a house of my own I’m quite limited on space and roommates are anti-arachnid people). @The Grym Reaper i knew you wouldn’t fail me on the pictures. Your T’s and photography are gorgeous! @BoyFromLA I’m definitely jealous of that deal! It’s got some drool-worthy spiders on that list! @basin79 yeah that’s kind of the problem I have right now. I have a little room but... not for long if everything keeps growing like it is now. I gotta plan for the collection to reach max size
View attachment 282207 View attachment 282208 Most of my collection is still small and I’m probably gonna replace the bookcase with a utility shelf just to house what I’ve got!

What's the source of the middle box next aqua KK. Looks like a model box from a hobby store.

Element

Arachnopeon
What's the source of the middle box next aqua KK. Looks like a model box from a hobby store.
I actually got that one with a beginner package from Fear Not Tarantulas. It’s what holds my A. Geniculata a.k.a. The murder tank

I rehoused the Rufilata and she (hopefully) was a little doll! At the same time I rehoused a P Irminia... a lil more interesting... lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
First was regalis.

Now I'm collecting species # 8 and 9 next Wednesday. :)

Best genus out there. No downsides at all.
Ik im late but, yk, if my metallica would come outside every once in awhile that would be nice. Oh, and if my regalis wouldn't be a speed demon, and if they didnt bite human flesh, that would be nice lol.

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
My first pokie is this one. P. Metallica sling:

39786BDA-B3DA-45B3-80D0-29639CC99E43.jpeg
Had it just over a week and it’s settling in nicely and eating well. I put some crushed leaves at the base of the cork bark and it lives behind them, though it’s out and about quite a bit.

Wayne

VaporRyder

Arachnoknight
My first pokie is this one. P. Metallica sling:

Had it just over a week and it’s settling in nicely and eating well. I put some crushed leaves at the base of the cork bark and it lives behind them, though it’s out and about quite a bit.

Wayne
Congrats Wayne, I remember you wanted one a while back. Hope you enjoy keeping him/her!

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Congrats Wayne, I remember you wanted one a while back. Hope you enjoy keeping him/her!
Thanks. Looking forward to learning about this T as it grows. Already noticed a lot more speed compared with some of my others, even as a small sling. Though it hides when I feed or water, which is helpful.