First OWs.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
He means how deadly the animals are, the only place with creatures more venomous than Africa is Australia.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
He means how deadly the animals are, the only place with creatures more venomous than Africa is Australia.
Depends on the animals, I guess. For example: The scorpions in Australia are sort of a joke (venom-wise) compared to some other species around the world.
There are a lot of potent creatures I wouldn't want to tangle with in the jungles of Asia or South America either.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
Well we also dominate the top 10 deadliest snake list Inland Taipan, Taipan,death adder, Eastern brown snake, king brown snake, Belcher’s Sea Snake, tiger snakes and have many species of funnel webs, redbacks, Mouse spiders, blue ring octopus Box Jellyfish etc It's pretty safe to say we dominate the venomous list.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well we also dominate the top 10 deadliest snake list Inland Taipan, Taipan,death adder, Eastern brown snake, king brown snake, Belcher’s Sea Snake, tiger snakes and have many species of funnel webs, redbacks, Mouse spiders, blue ring octopus Box Jellyfish etc It's pretty safe to say we dominate the venomous list.
Snakes, yes. Arachnids, no.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
I beg to differ, that stupid spider from Brazil and his paperweight title is based of that test with mice that gimps funnel webs from the get go since their venom is potent to primates, I truly believe and so do many spider experts that the northern Tree dwelling funnel web is the most dangerous spider on earth, the funnel web has also claimed many more lives.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I beg to differ, that stupid spider from Brazil and his paperweight title is based of that test with mice that gimps funnel webs from the get go since their venom is potent to primates, I truly believe and so do many spider experts that the northern Tree dwelling funnel web is the most dangerous spider on earth, the funnel web has also claimed many more lives.
That can be a point of debate for days, though Phoneutria fera/P. nigriventer and Sicarius hahni are likely more venomous than Atrax or Hadronyche, and will probably continue to be considered as such unless scientifically proven otherwise. And there are no lethal scorpions in Australia, period.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As far as I'm aware, there have "only" been 12 deaths reported by the funnelwebs. Ever since the antivenom was made, that number didn't climb up to my knowledge. Let's not make it sound worse than it is.

jigalojey

Arachnoknight
I won't debate you on scorpions since ours are weak.

---------- Post added 09-19-2014 at 06:56 PM ----------

As far as I'm aware, there have "only" been 12 deaths reported by the funnelwebs. Ever since the antivenom was made, that number didn't climb up to my knowledge. Let's not make it sound worse than it is.
14* and the number is still more than the Brazilian wandering spider even though it lives in a third world country, I think I know who I would rather be bitten by.

Last edited: