First ornamental?

lindell687

Arachnopeon
Wanting to get some species of an ornamental wondering what will be fairly easy to take care of and also be a very beautiful specimen
Thanks

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P. Regalis all the way..... I think they are great starter pokies, plus they get BIG, and are calmer and less skittish then some of the other pokies. Regalis was the first pokie I ever had and I never looked back.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
regalis

First pokie for me too, and a good choice for a pokie beginner.

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P. Regalis, they are just awsome,i love knowing that mine cant hurt me, but chooses not to :D lol

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
P. miranda would also be a good beginner pokie, although they cost quite a bit more than P. regalis. They are one of the most beautiful of the pokies and have one of the calmest attitudes.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P. miranda would also be a good beginner pokie, although they cost quite a bit more than P. regalis. They are one of the most beautiful of the pokies and have one of the calmest attitudes.
Oh I agree 100%, but did not mention it because of the price difference.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My first pokie was a regalis, and my second was an ornata, I think either one of them are a good choice for a first pokie. Both grow quickly and both are easy to care for and eat well.

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i started with regalis and fasciata both are very calm.

gagamboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
another vote for P. regalis... i've never been bitten... (but i've never handled it either :? :? :? :? )

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lindell,
whichever Poecilotheria you choose will not be a mistake.....you can not go wrong here!
Cheers Wade

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i started with regalis and fasciata both are very calm.
That is what I will be starting with. Hopefully getting them next week sometime.
Good to see that everyone alomost agrees on the Regalis. I can't wait to get my babies.

Psych0

Arachnopeon
I just bought a fasciata (yesterday) and i fell love in it on the first day. Awesome spiders.

demode

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P. ornata to me seems a bit more skittish than regalis.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My first pokie was a P. ornata followed by a regalis.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine too was ornata but id say probs not the best to start with as they seem alittle more "defensive" than most pokies.The calmest ive had is P.metallica but pricey of course.:D

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No brainer, go for a P. regalis. Extremely hardy, easy to feed, and nice looking.

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My first was P. regalis and I was surprised how calm he/she is.

domesday

Arachnopeon
i just got my first pokie and arboreal t the last week. its a P. regalis about 6cm Legspan... i just want to know how long would it live since its a male?