First OBT

tommyno

Arachnopeon
It’s time for my first P. murinus OBT. Which color form is your favorite?

Is $95 a fair price for 2.5 inch confirmed female (Red Color Form) ?

cold blood

Staff member
not really...IMO that's pretty expensive.

Cool ts though...great eaters and very fast growers, for these reasons they are best bought (IMO) as small cheap slings...such fun ts to raise up.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
not really...IMO that's pretty expensive.

Cool ts though...great eaters and very fast growers, for these reasons they are best bought (IMO) as small cheap slings...such fun ts to raise up.
How long do OBT generally live ? I had some they didn’t live as long as my avic at the time. Perhaps just bad luck .
It’s time for my first P. murinus OBT. Which color form is your favorite?

i see slings generally $20-each so that’s pretty pricey.

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
Which color form is your favorite?
While I love the fiery oranges of the RCF, I really like the DCFs and the Tete.

I think that is a little pricy for a 2.5"..even confirmed female. I just bought a 4" female for $100..shipping included in price.

Honestly I would start with a sling, ESPECIALLY if you've never dealt with the african spiders. Plus as slings they grow like weeds, eat great, go through some mild color changes and it gives you a chance to grow with the spider. You can have a 2.5" OBT in 7-9 months realistically.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
I got a 4" female OBT (RCF) for around the same price. Availability varies depending on location though and they are such awesome T's it is worth it. As long as you provide deep substrate and lots of web anchor points you will have a happy OBT, oh a water dish is good too.

They are active, gorgeous, and very personable T's IMO. On top of being very easy to care for. I currently have a 4.5" female, RCF, she was one of the first T's I ever got (top) and ~2.5" female, DCF Mikumi, (bottom). Both my OBTs are some of my most entertaining T's for sure. 20231202004632_IMG_3924.JPG 20240106010516_IMG_4709~2.JPG