First OBT

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just recieved my first slings ever, and two of em are OBT'S.

After examining them a while i noticed the have some differences. There bout the same size (one inch) but one has less fuzz on there body specially around the 1st set of rear legs and rump. There the same color and everything. But could it be is it possible that i have recieved pair. Female and male...

as far as i know you can't know at this stage. I think its just either ones closer to a molt or there just both unique in their own way. Plz inlightin me. I've never seen slings before.:wall:

For the record these are really cool little guys...spinnin web like crazy not even 5 minutes into their new homes:D

Just wishfull thinkin haha im just caught up in excitement of new T's specially little guys;)

iluvcreepystuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im sure you could take 2 t's from any of the same species and find some differences, every t is different just like people.
Good luck with your first slings, but when they get bigger watch those fangs lol

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HAHA i told you man wishfull thinking...thinks for the input..my first time examining something so awesome.{D and Thanks i better watch for em!!!! I heard the hurt like a ....

Jilly1337

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats. They are one of the more interesting species to observe. I am a fan of webbers and Pterrors seldom disappoint.

What else did you get? Don't you know you are obligated to post pics? ;)

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oh Boy i am?? haha Ill get some pics..
The other one is a Smithi...all i could afford with school funds and some complications.

What else did you get? Don't you know you are obligated to post pics? ;)

SO blurry...hate this camera
;)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats! You're gonna love em :D

sAdam

Arachnopeon
aww, how cute are those.
they give u any death threats yet?
mine just molted - grew hugely. like from 1 1/2" to maybe 2" or larger.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Great hand pets but you want to handle them in sort of enclosed area so if they kick on the afterburners they don't get lost.

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is that an ipod case :-D?
Yessir i was going through my drawer of junk and came a cross a few containers this being the best because it was the only see through..i recall a someone else using one to i think.

Any ways i have come to belive my suspisions of the the obt with less hair near to a molt correct. Cause it is now hella fuzzy and freshley molted..

They other still no signs of molting.

HAHA this is so awesome first time had a t molt in my care. Always had adults.{D im sure the other is close by though, i will examine him to c if he starts looking the same before a molt.

But then again would this mean if there molts are far apart, them being kept in the same conditions, could be male and female, male the one who just molted???????
Just dreamin again.

Im gonna keep tabs.

mike88

Arachnopeon
Yes that is possible they could be male and female have to wait and see:)

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
also a possible way to tell, atleast it seems that way with mine so far, is if they are eating the same and kept the same, if one is growing alot faster then the other the one growing fastest could be male, I have four and 3 of them are about the same size close to 2inchs one is still smaller even though all are kept and eat the same, and I don't power feed mine.