first molts!!!

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
two of my slings molted today!!!:

B. albo 1" f
G. aureo 1/2"

i am SO excited. i didn't get to see them molt but i was excited enough by their sheds!!!

i am so happy! |D i feel like a proud mom. :D

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations!!:D

It's always exciting when ones "children" have managed to
change their clothes & look all spiffy. :D :D

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thank you beth! i'm just so thrilled and happy.

i hope you get to see the pics i posted since you msg'd me before i'd gotten them up.

|D happiness is a fresh molt! they both look SO fluffy and cute! hehehe.

say...how long do you wait for their fangs to harden? with the chaco it's sooo hard to tell b/c he's so tiny.

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've found that my little PZB baby eats after 3 days. Some eat in
a couple of days but I like to wait to make sure the fangs are
hardened. My tiny PZB molted on the 4th & ate a tiny meal worm
on the 7th & is well on his/her way to a plump hiney again. :D

So I would wait approx 3 days before feeding your Chaco. H/she looks quite healthy & 3 - 4 days of not eating will not hurt & will assure that the fangs are hardened. But that is just my opinion. I do know that some others have fed theirs sooner with no ill effects. I am a worrier........so I wait.

My 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" B.emilias also took only 3 days & since they
are bigger than the PZB, I was able to look at their fangs to see if they had turned black. I could see the fangs when they were
on the sides of their containers. I love it when they do a bit of "hanging" out, makes it easier to judge as to when they can eat.

Your pics are great!! Your B.albo did a big change into its new
clothes. They both look quite plump & healthy. :D :)

Again.......Congrats on motherhood!!:D

Last edited:

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats, skad. I'm sure it's nice to see the sling finally starting to look more like an adult after each molt. They look nice and healthy too.

Bry

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations scadi :D It is always great to hear about the successful molts :)
And I know exactly how you feel right now. I remember the first molt in my hands... I was so thrilled and excited... :eek: :D
As for the feeding slings after the molt I always wait about 5-6 days to make sure the fangs are hardened :)

Once again... Congrates =D And I wish you much more such great molts :)

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pictures, glad the molts went well!

I guess it's really nice to see your terrestrial ugly ducklings turn into something fuzzy and neat :)

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
:cool:Coolness !!!:cool: I bet it's nice seeing the little girl start dressing like a Curly too. Very nice pictures of your kids too

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thanks so much guys! yeah, i was fairly pleased with the pictures. you can see a huge change in the B. albo and even the Chaco looks more fluffy!

i was so thrilled it's hard to put into words...i'd thought the female was molting but i wasn't positive so when i saw the molt i almost screamed aloud in joy. LOL! i'm sure all my animals would've loved that. :D

anyway, happy, happy, happy!

totally new outfit for the curly, it suits her so well doesn't it? =D