First molt!

Katy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well not for my chilean rose sling, but for me! We left friday for the weekend, and just an hour before we were supposed to leave, I noticed my little guy on his back for his first molt since I've had him! I was really hoping to see it, but I guess not....:( The person who came over to take care of our animals when we where gone said he only finished last night! I'm not worried about how long it took since he's in a much better mood. His legs are really long, and he just walked right out of the deli cup when I opened it to mist it a bit. I moved him to a deeper one, and he's been hanging out in his hidey hole since. His hairs are white now, and his long legs make his butt look smaller. His carapace is a little darker, and now he tiptoes around with his butt in the air a lot, don't know if that has anything to do with the molt, but I think it's cute! Well I had to brag, I'm a newbie, and aside from one wolfie molting, (and I didn't even notice that tillshe pushed it out of her home) this is my first time, my little boy has new clothes!
Katy

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Katy,
Thats a cute story, I enjoyed reading it..
Congrats on your first molt. One day you'll see it happen. Its a rush to watch.
Good luck with your G. rosea.;)

Ernie

Last edited:

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good job :).....I posted my frist A. Seemanni's molt....Hope you do really well with your rosie......Mine is fat and about 5 inch's now.....Hope yours gets bigger then mine :).

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yay! Congrates!

I know how excited you are. :)

I still and always will be excited over molts. :)