First Injury... any advice?

LizardChris

Arachnopeon
I can confirm that porcelios can be agressive eaters. I saw one dragging a dying B lateralis roach in my vivarium.

In my case they stay away from my Ts, maybe due to their big size, but I wouldn't risk with small Ts.
Thank you for the insight Dorifto, I've never observed them like that! Sounds impressive for little guys. I don't think Joltik counts as 'small' but I still plan to remove the bigger isos... somehow. It's going to be a long day of sifting dirt, when that time comes.

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
Is there a particular type of enclosure you switched to, or did you add cross-ventilation to an existing tank? I'm not opposed to trying out different ventilation if it's got a chance to work!
Added the holes, but I am certain you could do it as well..If you are not comfortable cutting glass you could empty the tank and take it to a local glass shop like I did :)

LizardChris

Arachnopeon
Added the holes, but I am certain you could do it as well..If you are not comfortable cutting glass you could empty the tank and take it to a local glass shop like I did :)
I'll have to empty it to sift the substrate anyway, so I may well do that. I have a drill, so it depends on the cost of buying a drill bit vs. having someone else do it as a service...

Would you mind sharing a picture of the tank you got holes in, for me to use as a reference when planning mine?

Dorifto

He who moists xD
You can drill some holes and then glue some round ventilation metal grills with silicone.

Be very careful and patient while drilling and cool down the glass and the dril bit with water every few secons.

MBArachnids

Arachnoknight
I'll have to empty it to sift the substrate anyway, so I may well do that. I have a drill, so it depends on the cost of buying a drill bit vs. having someone else do it as a service...

Would you mind sharing a picture of the tank you got holes in, for me to use as a reference when planning mine?
Can do when I get home, but to make it easy I usually drill the holes halfway between the sub and the roof of my enclosure. I also add these round things, the picture is bad but it is the closest to what I add. Mine doesn't have the "legs" so i put 2 of these back to back so it looks more appealing to the eye.

Attachments