First Babycurus jacksoni brood of the year!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This classic species never gets old to me. Here's the first brood from mother #1 this year. As always, they will be for sale once they're ready. I love selling these to newer hobbyists as their first foray into buthids (aside from Centruroides) and their first intermediate scorpion (in terms of venom and unpredictability). Speaking of newbies, they were my third unique specie I ever invested in!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Nice!! So their venom is on the moderate side?

Pipa

Arachnoknight
I don't have too much luck with jacksonii babies for some reason .. but gigas are bullet proof.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Seems like a species I would like to keep down the road.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have too much luck with jacksonii babies for some reason .. but gigas are bullet proof.
Really? I always hear the opposite, that people have trouble with gigas haha! I'm expecting my first ever brood of gigas in the coming month or two, so wish me luck!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
My goal will always be never to get stung. But if I do I want a good chance of recovery as we all do. I found reading envenomation reports fascinating but don't ever want to write a personal account.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My goal will always be never to get stung. But if I do I want a good chance of recovery as we all do. I found reading envenomation reports fascinating but don't ever want to write a personal account.
I've gotten tagged by a MM jacksoni before... it hurt like a bee sting... then soon after, my throat constricted slightly. I kept calm, drank alot of water, and eventually took two benedryl over 4 hours and it went away pretty quick. Was tender the next few days. It was probably the worst sting I've gotten, which wasnt much haha!

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Wow. That is intense. Seems like Benadryl on hand is mandatory for those who keep scorpions.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow. That is intense. Seems like Benadryl on hand is mandatory for those who keep scorpions.
I've heard good/bad things about using it, but some swear by antihistamines. It worked for me!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Thanks Red! Dont forget to inform me when your specimen matures so I can get you the opposite sex so you'll have a pair!
Plenty of time, 2 possibly 3 molts to sexual maturity, at present time. Still have 5 specimens, hopefully I already at least one pair. One never knows until they're positively sexed, I've yet to "get 'er done". Lol!