First B. Jacksoni colony.

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a 10 gallon tank.

How many B. Jacksoni scorpions can I put in that tank and keep in that tank? Also, are B. Jacksoni always communal at all instars?

Anything they need? I know about the vertical cork bark.

Thanks guys :D

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should remain fairly safe up to 5 or 7. But, oftentimes I'm a bit conservative.

Don't forget humidity!

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How should i keep the humidity.

Cocofiber subtrate. Keep it damp?

Last edited:

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How should i keep the humidity.

Cocofiber subtrate. Keep it damp?
I have a colony of 40+ adults/subadults in a 10-gallon. I keep 1/2 of the substrate dry and the other slightly damp. I use coco fiber all the way. I also have a shallow water dish on the damp side. I regularly see them drinking and "bathing" in it. Give them a few large slabs of cork bark and you'll have one happy colony!

I feed my colony mostly B. lateralis roaches with crickets from time to time. I started with 4 adults a year ago. 2 broods later I have 40+ scorps! This is after giving away about 20! I've witnessed only two incidents of cannibalism, both involving scorplings. Just keep everyone well-fed and you should be ok.

I currently have 3 more females about to pop any day now. You'll be there soon enough!! I hope this helps.

Jeff

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
I have my first colony going aswell. 6 Individuals, all close to maturity.

Follow what has been said here and u`ll be fine.
B. Jacksoni are so fun to watch.

I also have added some isopods to my tank. I think once the colony gets established with a few broods it will be a pain to clean.
So Isopods maybe something to think about.