finished my website scolopendra.be

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
I've put my website online today :)
i'm still not completly satisfied but anyway, the ID tool with keys to genus level is finished and a complete database with 85 Scolopendra specie with their distributionmaps are online to crawl trough :p
(future plans will include Id keys to the genus Scolopendra ;) )

check it out and let me know what ya think about it:
www.scolopendra.be

PS:
I'm aware of the grammatical errors etc.. (i'm not native speaking English)
so if you see some faults, don't hesitate to correct me (PM or mail)
or if ya want to exchange links,... drop me a PM

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Rock! That should be interesting. I'll go check it out. Sounds like it took allot of work. Thanks for making it available. I haven't looked at it yet but I'm sure its' safe to say that ahead of time.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm very much a beginner in terms of centipedes and have just spent the last half hour looking at your site - the information and layout are wonderful! :clap:

jayer10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice site. I have notice a few mistypes but nothing big. Is there a page that shows a picture of the species with size and description anywhere in your website?

Last edited:

CopperInMyVeins

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Excellent site, even though I did see a preview a couple days ago. The centipede hobby definitely needs this and I'll be happy to contribute in any way I can with pictures and info.

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The website it looking fantastic Steven, well worth all the effort you put in! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Steven

pede-a-holic
Old Timer
Thanx you'all :worship:
another big thank you for those who gave permission to use their pictures (Dan, Gill,.. etc... etc. ;) )

I'll be happy to contribute in any way I can with pictures and info.
AWSOME !!! :drool:

@jayer10
no,... net yet,... but that's on my "to-do-list" ;)

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great Steven !

I am trying to figure out how to order a Gigantea....does not seam to work right.....:D :D

Bob

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:clap: i have been eagerly awaiting completion of this site, Very nice work :D

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After going through it many times, i have to agree, there is a lot of work put into this :). I think your site is going to be one of the best references for the scolopendra hobbyists...

I just have a little question though... Maybe i'm just bad but i dont clearly understand which illustration goes with which description and with which family/genus...

As for example, the Alipes... The genus is number 25. There is no description or illustration beside it but there is a description and illustrations under at number 26. I saw that there was an illlustration of the ''feather'' terminals at the number 24 where the pic is number 25 ( corresponding to the genus but appearing previously to it )... The illustration corresponding to the number 26 shows some ''regular'' centipede terminals... Therefore, where is the description and the corresponding images to the genus Alipes?

Can you help me out? I'm a bit confused but I REALLY WANT TO LEARN THE KEYS :).

phil.

jayer10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah i think i found my new favorite site. I just can't stop looking through it.

ILoveHotDogs

Arachnopeon
Wow! I am very impressed. You present a lot of information that is not consolidated anywhere else, and this is my new #1 pede info resource. Thanks.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steven you wouldn't happen to know what Sc. s. fulgurans Looks like would you? (colourwise)

rex_arachne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a great, definitive site for centipedes and enthusiasts. thanks for creating it.

AlanMM

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wel Steven, chapeau! Fantastische site jong!

Misschien moet ik toch eventjes naar je collectie komen kijken... Ben onlangs nog eens naar Tim geweest trouwens ;)

Heb een link op mijn site geplaatst. :cool:

(indien je de mijne wilt, die staat bij tim zen links)

sorry for the dutch part....

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! i added this to my fovorites!(now full of invertebrate sites)

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Steven, marry with me!!!!!!!!!! :}

Wow I spend one hour and a half reading your website, I'm totally surprised with your work!!!!!! Congratulations guy!!!! This web site is now the best reference in the world of scolopendrid lovers.

Nice job at last.

Cheers
Carles

P.D: When did you say will apper the book on the market?;)