Fingers crossed!!!

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly...

Well I found a EWL getting scoffed off a mite this morning which wasn't nice to see, so I decided to separate the the remaining good looking EWL's and eggs into a fresh incubator. Hopefully they will fair better in this one.

The Good -

The Bad -

The Ugly -

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
wow this is a nice thread...from sex to egg hatching. hope the good ones will make it. they are so small and so vulnerable looking. goodluck man!!! :worship:

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Update

wow this is a nice thread...from sex to egg hatching. hope the good ones will make it. they are so small and so vulnerable looking. goodluck man!!! :worship:
Cheers :)

Well this morning I woke up to find two EWL's have become 1st instar (N2) and another two have moulted since. Counting the remaining decent looking EWL's Id say another four will make it. So even though it didn't go to plan I am fairly confident that at least some of them will make it to being slings.

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nearly time to moult...

Just got some more snaps of these before they moult into wee slings, if you look carefully you can see their little mirror patches developing.

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice progression through the diffculties in getting viable spiderlings when things don't go according to plan. I'm just happy that you may get a few through. I've learned a lot from this post. Thank you!
Diane

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice progression through the diffculties in getting viable spiderlings when things don't go according to plan. I'm just happy that you may get a few through. I've learned a lot from this post. Thank you!
Diane
Thanks Diane, As you mentioned I am fortunate to get any after the sac problem, the only thing I can think is that she must of punctured an egg whilst manipulating it. It was quite disconcerting to see EWL after EWL die off from day to day and the morning I woke up to find two 1st instars I was very happy!!! As it stands now there are nine healthy little EWL's and I'd expect them all to moult to 2nd instar within the next few days or so.

:)

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Paraphysa parvula - 2nd Instar Moult

Got a few shots of this guy moulting to 2nd instar. :)