Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Since December 5, 2002 my Brachypelma smithi "stripes" has not eaten, probably because of me! I never gave it or even tried giving it food, so basically i starved it! (good thing it has a plump abdomen) So yesterday, i tossed in a dying adult cricket, and came left, before I went to bed i went to check on my t's and my smithi was right on top of that crik chowing down!!! I am sooo happy! :) He/she is still eating on it right now!!! Guess it wasnt going to moult just hungry~! Also my suntiger finally ate since i got him on valintines day!! YAY!!! Thanks,

James

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations James! Good luck on more gourmet meals!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
i waited a few days with a crik, it didnt eat, so i took it out and never put one in, becuase i thought it was upcoming a moult!

James

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
i waited a few days with a crik, it didnt eat, so i took it out and never put one in, becuase i thought it was upcoming a moult!
James
The last time, when it wouldn't touch food and I saw other pre-molt signs (change in color, slugishness, extra webbing and burrowing) I just stopped feeding it. But it molted within 10 days. It's a tough call. You don't want to "starve" it, but then again you don't want cricket(s) to be in there when it suddenly molts and you've not there.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
James,
Congrats! Its funny how, the little things make our days. Our t's eating, a successful molt in the more sensitive species...(finding a long thought dead fasciatum..:D )
Peace,
Gillian

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yay. Congrates!
Glad their eating for you.
I know you feel like a weights off ya.
:)