finally the long awaited pics i've been promising

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i finally got some pics together of some of my babies...the quality isn't the best and my desk is friggin filthy so lets try to focus on the snakes please people:)

this is my 7ft carpet python (sold to me as a coastal but i really suspect that there might be some jungle in there)...she's kind of a demon but i'm hoping i can work with her to get her to stop being so grumpy

this is my year old blood python...she's opaque right now so she looks a little dusky in the pics...she's a real beauty when she's fresh shed...sorry about the last pic there she moved her head right as the shutter clicked:rolleyes:

and last but not least this is my woma:D...just one pic of him because he's still a little sick from his URI...but he's feeling much better and is back to the inquisitive little sweetheart he used to be:)...

i took a bunch of pics of my adult male Children's Python but none of them came out very well...he was really moving around too much to get a good shot...i'd try the female but i think she may be gravid right now and i don't want to disturb the expecting mommy!

so there you have it....my babies in a nutshell:)

hope you like em!
Harvey

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gorgeous snakes, man! I'm glad to see your Woma lookin' good.
BTW, what makes you suspect your coastal carpet is jungle? They are, of course, currently recognized as subspecies of the same species.
The reason i ask is that there are some interesting breeding projects going on with the coastal carpet and yours could be a het or a cull from such a breeding project.
Check out Reptilicus http://www.spectacularcarpetpythons.com/hatchlings07_page.html

harveythefly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gorgeous snakes, man! I'm glad to see your Woma lookin' good.
BTW, what makes you suspect your coastal carpet is jungle? They are, of course, currently recognized as subspecies of the same species.
The reason i ask is that there are some interesting breeding projects going on with the coastal carpet and yours could be a het or a cull from such a breeding project.
Check out Reptilicus http://www.spectacularcarpetpythons.com/hatchlings07_page.html
well the thing that makes me think possible jungle cross is that the lighter stripes on her (you can't really tell in the photo) tend to look alot more bright yellowish green than the muted hues i'm used to seeing on coastals...i could be horribly mistaken because i'll be the first to admit i'm not that good with snake genetics just yet, although i'm trying to learn...it's just a suspicion:)

there's another thread on here that i posted that tells the whole story of the carpet python so i won't repeat the whole thing here...but basically she went through alot because of Katrina and the guy i got her from just couldn't handle her any longer...so now she's mine and we're working on our relationship hehe

Harvey