Fiery Searcher

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
found one of these little guys while going on a nature walk he puts out a dead smell if you disturb him too much. heres a pic from google search http://images.google.com/imgres?img...=/images?q=Fiery+Searcher&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en

Also on the way home there was a huge turtle crossing a 6 lane road and i knew it wasnt going to make it with how most texans drive. So I turn around park on the median and some dipshit yells look out for the turtle and crushed its head while im waiting to get on the road to save it. I went to check on it and was bleeding out the mouth i figured it was a goner after that. Wasn't paying attention to the make or model of the car but if i had his license plate he would be short 4 tires and maybe a few windows.

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey
I caught the larval form of this a couple weeks ago or more. It ate and ate and then died just like someone said theirs did. I guess their really hard to get to pupate or something.

Thanks
Andy

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Also on the way home there was a huge turtle crossing a 6 lane road and i knew it wasnt going to make it with how most texans drive. So I turn around park on the median and some dipshit yells look out for the turtle and crushed its head while im waiting to get on the road to save it. I went to check on it and was bleeding out the mouth i figured it was a goner after that. Wasn't paying attention to the make or model of the car but if i had his license plate he would be short 4 tires and maybe a few windows.

Too bad you couldnt get them, poor turtle.

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey
I caught the larval form of this a couple weeks ago or more. It ate and ate and then died just like someone said theirs did. I guess their really hard to get to pupate or something.

Thanks
Andy
hmm maybe it needs special conditions to pupate i also saw a large black fuzzy catipillar with orange legs but just left it be not sure what it was.

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Too bad you couldnt get them, poor turtle.
Yeah it's against the law here to run them over too i wish i got his plate number the turtle was fine until he smashed its head. Must have some serious short comings to find any humor in running over helpess animals

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes it was jet black exactly like that but it had orange legs or orange lines running down the sides. I'm bringing a camera next time. Damn was just looking at pics of the adult moth that one would be a beauty!

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yup that was probably it.. i should have taken that home to feed to the Calosoma scrutator.. what should i feed this thing anyways will it only eat caterpillers or will it take crickets and such?
ahh the farting green metallic beetle{D they are grrreat! ive got them also,yeah they will eat waxworms,mealworms,any juicy bug:drool: that really sucks about that poor turtle:( man if caught the person who did it..........well that person,ahh too graphic to say.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was just talking to beetleman about these guys. I caught three of them this week. They eat like maniacs!! We've been feeding them meal worms so far and they gobble them down with in a few minutes...I think I read somewhere that the larvae pupate beneath the soil but I could be wrong.