feeding wax worms to 4cm-5cm c-crawshayi

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i am hopefully getting ( 5 ) bulk buying C - CRAWSHAYI would it be ok to feed them wax worms / or very small mealworms -- i do not feed crickets/ or cockroaches to ANY of my ( ts ) thanks PHIL

mrsd

Arachnopeon
I fed all my slings meal worms pre killed and they all loved them. They were 1/4 to 1/2 inch when I got them.

Aragorn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For bigger king baboons I think you can try feeding them the smaller mealworms, but you probably gonna have feed a lot to them to satisfy it's appetite. If you are talking about a small sling, then there shouldn't be any prblem.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
...may i ask why you don't feed crickets or roaches? :rolleyes:

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Even if the tarantulas will take them, waxworms are NEVER appropriate for any major portion of an animal's diet, as they are extremely high in fat content.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What do you feed them on a regular basis if the waxworms are a treat and you don't feed crickets and roaches? :?

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
wax's and mealies both have high fat contents. i would only feed them to my T's if i wanted to give them a special treat here and there. use sparingly.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What do you feed them on a regular basis if the waxworms are a treat and you don't feed crickets and roaches? :?
locust hoppers / or adults ones:drool: :} and my ( ts ) LOVE them :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: :) --- PHIL

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think feeding both a locust and a worm might be a lot for a T that size, but you can judge for yourself by the size of the abdomen. I have one that is larger that gets only one or two crickets or roaches once a week or so that is fine. I don't believe in powerfeeding, but that's just me. The abdomen on the C. crawshayi shouldn't look as big as for instance a brachy, they have a slimmer build. Maybe reserve the worm for once every two weeks. Good luck, that's a nice T to have!

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think feeding both a locust and a worm might be a lot for a T that size, but you can judge for yourself by the size of the abdomen. I have one that is larger that gets only one or two crickets or roaches once a week or so that is fine. I don't believe in powerfeeding, but that's just me. The abdomen on the C. crawshayi shouldn't look as big as for instance a brachy, they have a slimmer build. Maybe reserve the worm for once every two weeks. Good luck, that's a nice T to have!
thanks they would be about 4cm- 5cm in size so i would give them killed small mealworms and a killed wax worm now and then i hope they feed well ? and grow fast {D {D it should be fun :eek: 5 little ones :evil: :evil: LOL how sweet{D {D ----- PHIL

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Also, what's with posting in bold? It kinda hurts the eyes, man. :8o

:? :confused: :? :confused: :wall: :? :confused: :wall: DITTO????? :? :? :? :confused: :confused: :wall: :? :confused: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

:eek: :eek: :? :? :eek: :eek: The excessive smilies too...???? :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Sorry... it's just really hard to read through all that - maybe i'm just tired.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:? :confused: :? :confused: :wall: :? :confused: :wall: DITTO????? :? :? :? :confused: :confused: :wall: :? :confused: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

:eek: :eek: :? :? :eek: :eek: The excessive smilies too...???? :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

Sorry... it's just really hard to read through all that - maybe i'm just tired.
i can see it better in the bold and i am well known for my over use of smilies {D {D {D {D ---- PHIL