Feeding The Worm?

scorpz762

Arachnopeon

Can anyone tell me what wax worms eat as I found a recipe on the net which was dry dog food, honey and water but they are not eating it.
I don't blame them!!

I know you can get bug food for meal worms but what else do they eat?
Any ideas.......

Juliancito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Try to look in the " INSECTS AND OTHER INVERTABRATES " threads...there's some info that may be helpful.

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
eat wax from bee hives, gain most of their nutrition from the detritus left in the wax from the bees.

i don't worry about feeding (or hydrating, come to think of it) the wax worms i buy. if you just leave them in the tub they come in, but not cooled they will metamorph in to their moth form w/o feeding them

i'm thinking a little water might not be a bad idea... but i dont' seem to have many die on me, regardless

well, i mean, they all die eventually when they get fed out... but not many die wastefully

scorpz762

Arachnopeon
Thanks for that Juliancito I got some good info from there.
Thanks all for your help.

webracer17g

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
for my experience with using wax worms for fishing, all you really need to do is put them in the refigerator. they can last up to 1-2 months before going bad. however, if some do go bad, take them out immeadiately so the others dont go bad. (and by "going bad" i mean turning black and hardening.)

andrew

Juliancito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

scorpz762 said:
Thanks for that Juliancito I got some good info from there.
Thanks all for your help.
Any time....It's good that you were able to find what you where looking for.
Good luck and have a nice wormbreeding...:razz: