Feeding my T

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I took the advice of most people and feed her 2-3 times a week...so I was feeding her yesterday...popped a cricket in there, a while later she made a jump for it, but missed cuz the cricket was in a tree. Then she kinda stalked it for a while...today the cricket is still down on the substrate...Now, because yesterday she showed that she was hungry...should I leave the cricket in there today? Check it after work maybe? Cuz I know your supposed to take food out if the T hasnt eaten it after a while....so what should I do?

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you can leave it in a while longer (check every day), if she has shown that she is hungry and not in premolt. i have some ts that take their sweet time caching their prey - they would starve if i took out crickets after 24 hours :rolleyes:.

i once had an ephebopus murinus female that i hand-fed quite often (with tongs, of course {D), because she was just too stupid to catch her prey :wall:. the only t i ever lost to an accident - she jumped after a cricket and fell. it was just about 4 inches, but she ruptured her abdomen on a piece of wood and died...

so just wait a bit more. ;)

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Woot! My T ate!...but I found out that she's probly actually a he =(...since I'm not breeding or anything thats kinda a bummer..but hey, good practice spider (Im new to this hobby)