Feeding My G.Aureostriata Sling

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yesterday I got a G. aureostriata sling as a freebie for buying another T.He is so tiny.Ive never seen crickets small enough to feed him.Ive tried injuring the smallest cricket I found and seeing if he could eat that.Does anyone have an idea of what or how I can feed him?Ive had other slings before and had no problem.Its just that this guy is so small..Thank you..Rich

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know it sounds kinda gross, but you can try using cricket pieces. Most of the spiderlings I've kept take parts as readily as they do the whole thing.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Also, try tiny, sliced bits of beefheart. You can get it fairly cheaply at Petsmart. They're packaged like tiny ice cubes.
Peace,
Gillian

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cricket pieces, mealworm pieces, roach pieces, etc., a little creative dismemberment does wonders for feeding the wee ones without breaking the bank for pinheads.

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
feeding my sling

thanks everyone.i guess thats basically what im doin feeding it the little injured cricket

bluerich74

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
g.aureostriata sling

Well,I checked in on the little critter today and there was a small hole in the substrate and sure enough the injured cricket was gone.I was just wondering how long this meal would hold him since the cricket was as big if not bigger then the sling itself.I guess everything will be ok now..Thanks...Rich