Feeding freshly molted sling

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Depends on the size of the sling.. I never wait longer than 2-3 days to offer food to slings up to an inch and half two inches ( after the two inch mark some take longer to harden and accept food).. Most take the prey no problem.. If its a sling that I worry may not kill the prey that soon after molting I pre kill the prey and toss it in..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i feed around 3-7 days till they are about 3". then i give them a week or two. theres no rush.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What a cutie!

I'd give that sling about 4-5 days :)

mistertim

Arachnobaron
For small slings I usually wait a few days and then drop in a pre-killed cricket. With slings its often very difficult to get a good look at their fangs so I just wing it and then use pre-killed to make sure that if they aren't ready yet it can't hurt them and I just remove it the next day if it isn't eaten.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
With my sub adult A. seemani, I offer her food every 3-4 days by tong. If she's hungry she takes it. If she's not she bolts away as soon as the roach touches her. I guess the giant hand and tongs attached to the roach are not scary if your hungry.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I would freak out if any one of my Ts went a month without food unless they are molting or holding a sac..
I don't worry much about it. Sometimes they fast on their own for much longer, after all. Like our notorious G. porteri

cold blood

Staff member
I don't worry much about it. Sometimes they fast on their own for much longer, after all. Like our notorious G. porteri
True, but no t fasts after it molts. There is no point in a ts life where its hungrier than just after a molt.

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
All my Ts have taken food about a week to a week and a half after molting. You can offer it prey after a few days, if its hungary itll take and if not just wait a few more days.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I feed my Ts heaviest after a molt. I have a young adult versi that has eaten around 30+ crickets in the last 3 weeks.. I gave her a week to harden before I offered prey..

She is eating 2-3 every other day.. Once I notice that a cricket survives the night in her enclosure I will go back to a normal feeding schedule of 2-3 crickets per week..

Alot of feeding advice is Genera specific IMO. I couldn't see keeping tropicals on the same feeding regiment as new world terrestrials.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Well I fed the sling today and she tackled a tiny Parcoblatta pennsylvanica like a cheetah taking down a gazelle!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
With my sub adult A. seemani, I offer her food every 3-4 days by tong. If she's hungry she takes it. If she's not she bolts away as soon as the roach touches her. I guess the giant hand and tongs attached to the roach are not scary if your hungry.
Careful with the tong feeding. If she grabs the tong instead of food, she could damage or break a fang.