Feeding arboreal sling

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
Greetings. I am in a predicament at the moment. Recently, I got myself a P. Cambridgei sling. It is a small fellow around 1/3 inch. I managed to rehouse it without much problem in a small deli cup, which i put a fake twig for it to climb to. It has been almost a week now. My question is that, how do i feed it if it has not made any webbing in the enclosure? It spends most of its time at the top of the enclosure, but no webbing. So i have no way to hang the food. :(

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Greetings. I am in a predicament at the moment. Recently, I got myself a P. Cambridgei sling. It is a small fellow around 1/3 inch. I managed to rehouse it without much problem in a small deli cup, which i put a fake twig for it to climb to. It has been almost a week now. My question is that, how do i feed it if it has not made any webbing in the enclosure? It spends most of its time at the top of the enclosure, but no webbing. So i have no way to hang the food. :(
What do you mean by hanging the food? You can just throw a cricket anywhere in there and believe me, the P. cambridgei shall find it with no problems. They are a gluttonous bunch! :)

Sephyiria

Arachnopeon
What do you mean by hanging the food? You can just throw a cricket anywhere in there and believe me, the P. cambridgei shall find it with no problems. They are a gluttonous bunch! :)
ah i see..i will prekill the food and just drop it in the enclosure then. Thanks for the reply!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Tarantulas are not as sophisticated as orbweavers and the like lol they hunt from ambush but will scavenge as slings. Perhaps do more research before acquiring a new pet.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
just cut up a mealworm and drop it in. It will find it. But do make sure you take it out the next day if it is uneaten. It will mold otherwise. Also pick its remains anyway. :)

cold blood

Staff member
ah i see..i will prekill the food and just drop it in the enclosure then. Thanks for the reply!
This species does not need pre kill...they are serious hunters that dont need to be coddled...just drop in a cricket, its that easy.

And its bigger than 1/3"....they hatch out at just over 1/2"... and grow like dandelions in june.