feeding and housing slings and questions

tass

Arachnopeon
I breceives 5 slings yesterday one was doa. Anyways i have some pretty basic questions. How big is too big of a container to keep them in and does the size really matter that much? What is the best way to feed them. I have all sized crickets and i bought flightless flies last night which are a total pain in the ass to handle. Got any tips? I currently have them in a cup that you get from pet stores thats about 5x5x4 with 1 inch of pottin soil and moss in there so they can build verticle if needed. Also my A. Vesicolor runs around like a mad man 24/7 and its hard to keep him in, i have to blow on him to keep him stationary when his lid is open. If he gets loose he's going to be gone for good lol. Anyways the others are fine thy just hide in the soil. Anyways any information is helpful. They are from .25-.5 inches.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I house my .5 P. crassipes slings in Really Useful Boxes from Office Depot. they come in a 5 pack. Drill some small holes in the top, and i cut a 1 inch pvc pipe in half for a hide. Try to get the smallest crickets u can, i read that the fruit flies lack in nutrients for your slings.

BlackVenom

Arachnopeon
I use 40 dram sized vials for slings until they get over an inch and they work great. I think of housing T's is like buying shoes when you were a kid buy a little bigger because you'll grow in to them before you know it.

tass

Arachnopeon
Thanks. A. Versicolor wasn't too bad after i opened the container he ran around a little bit but once he got on the top lip and seen the room he was like oh crap this place is huge... then ate a cricket from the tweezers

Last edited by a moderator: