Feathertailed question

Juansinmiedo20

Arachnopeon
So, im planning to get one of these beauties because their tails are amazing and unique, in some sites they say pedes need 2 insects per day, others 1 per 3 days, and some even they said 1 per week. How many times I have to feed my planned feathertailed pede? Also, it's a 30 cm x 20 cm x 20 cm ok for this species with a cave, a 10 cm thick substrate bed and some moss?

Last edited:

Juansinmiedo20

Arachnopeon
For further details, I will feed my pede dubia roaches as they are relatively easy to care and breed, maybe with a very rare treat like a silkworm or a earthworm

mellow

Arachnobaron
As a quick update, I discovered it depends on the temperature, so I will try 2 roaches per week
One or two appropriately sized feeders a week should work just fine, I would like to get a flag tail centipede they look pretty cool and can hiss! 😃

Juansinmiedo20

Arachnopeon
Yes, one is as cool as the other, differences? genetic ones and the tail of A. mulcostis is purplish red while the tail of A grandidieri is reddish orange

mellow

Arachnobaron
Yes, one is as cool as the other, differences? genetic ones and the tail of A. mulcostis is purplish red while the tail of A grandidieri is reddish orange
Yeah that's true, flags don't usually have the color purple, so maybe the common name for A. mulcostis is the feather tail centipede and the common name for A. grandidieri is flag tail centipede? IDK the common names got me confused lol. 😁

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
“Smaller” hatchling to juveniles < four inches I will feed often as much as one prey item every 2-3 days.
For sub adults and adults once a week is sufficient if feeding one decent prey item. Multiple items if they’re not adequately sized. You don’t wanna overfeed older specimen but I do see a benefit in a more rapid feeding schedule particularly with newborn pedes. Cheers

Juansinmiedo20

Arachnopeon
Yeah that's true, flags don't usually have the color purple, so maybe the common name for A. mulcostis is the feather tail centipede and the common name for A. grandidieri is flag tail centipede? IDK the common names got me confused lol.
Me too :rofl:

Juansinmiedo20

Arachnopeon
“Smaller” hatchling to juveniles < four inches I will feed often as much as one prey item every 2-3 days.
For sub adults and adults once a week is sufficient if feeding one decent prey item. Multiple items if they’re not adequately sized. You don’t wanna overfeed older specimen but I do see a benefit in a more rapid feeding schedule particularly with newborn pedes. Cheers
Thank you