Favourite freebie?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
What's been your favourite freebie? That doesn't include spiders that were free off of your local kijiji, Craigslist, etc.
Mine was a 1/4" Nhandu tripepii who turned out female (I'm pretty sure)!

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've only ever had 1 freebie and I didn't actually want this species ever but I'm so glad I ended up with the little bugger. It's my P cambridgei

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
P cambridgei by far. He is one of my favorites freebie or not. Thanks @cold blood second favorite freebie would be the large version pumpkin patch hapalopus sp. Columbia. Probably my favorite looking and a fantastic eater.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There's not that much of a choice, uh... mostly the best 'offenders' with 'freebie' written all over the opisthosoma are always P.cambridgei, L.parahybana, P.murinus... rinse and repeat.

Nothing wrong with those Theraphosidae, don't get me wrong, just that would be nice to receive as 'freebie', dunno, a Megaphobema mesomelas or a 100% T.blondi sometimes. As I say always, never be a "Scrooge" :troll:

cold blood

Staff member
First was a couple freebie cambridgei...I was actually looking for them, but ended up with a pair as freebies...got my AF from those two freebies. IMO cams just might be the ultimate t to keep....I love everything about them.

The other was a surprise freebie with my P. nigricolor sling...got am amazing deal on the Pamph, which turned out to be female, and got a freebie P. vitatta....She turned out to be a very beautiful t...that I wish would just drop a sac for me already.

boina

Lady of the mites
Giving away freebies is pretty rare around here, so I only got a few. I guess my favorite is a N. chromatus that turned out female.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
Best freebie(s). I got 4 1" H. sp Ke Bang a few months ago. There were more freebies in that order that actual tarantulas paid for. Others were 2 juvie H gigas and a female H mac. Good day, great deal.

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
I've received 2 freebies
N chromatas and O philippinus
both are very small so can't say which I like better
but I would not have bought the O philippinus, didn't think I was ready for OW.
Getting an OW forced me outside my comfort zone so that's a good thing.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I've received 2 freebies
N chromatas and O philippinus
both are very small so can't say which I like better
but I would not have bought the O philippinus, didn't think I was ready for OW.
Getting an OW forced me outside my comfort zone so that's a good thing.
That seems incredibly irresponsible of the dealer to send you an OW without you purchasing one. That's how bites happen.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Freebies used to be an everyday thing. I've sent out tons of freebies myself and received as many or more. I couldn't even begin to remember all the freebies I got but if memory serves I got a P. rufilata as a freebie once. That one was cool. I've gotten lots of albopilosum and rosea/porteri a long time ago. OBT's were common freebies as well. Another one time deal was a P. transvaalicus. I had that one for a long time. On the flip side, when I had tons of widows to sell, every one I sold came with extra egg sacs and sometimes free males if I had a few to spare. I sent out tons of rosies and albo's too. I sent out other stuff too but I can't remember them all.

I hate that freebies are a thing of the past. That was part of the fun of ordering. It was like finding Easter eggs. Every box opening was an adventure.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My 13 year old Sericopelma/Brachypelma angustum is the T I've had longer than any other and was a freebie. She's a very cool T.
2nd place coolest freebie: P sazimai

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I think my favorite freebie so far has been my P.irminia. Though I was happy to get a freebie P.ornata sling right after my other one matured as a male.

Honorable mention is this freebie. I must admit this is a digging little guy.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Freebies used to be an everyday thing.
I hate that freebies are a thing of the past. That was part of the fun of ordering. It was like finding Easter eggs. Every box opening was an adventure.
really? ive never not received a freebie. nothing spectacular, but still nice.