Favorite Tarantula Toys?

Ultimate Instar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just out of curiosity... How many people give "toys" to their Ts? If so, what kind do they like? I put in a styrofoam cup into my B. pallidum cage so she could use it as a hide. Instead, she likes to juggle it. My husband wants to buy a cat toy with a bell just to see if she likes those vibrations. Also, does anyone think that Ts can get bored in captivity?

Karen N.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
whenever i give my b. boehmei a fuzzy, she runs over to it, taps it and when it moves, she runs away. then she creeps up on it, taps it, and runs away again. it's kind of funny--picture my b. boehmei running behind the gigantic tree branch thingie and peeking out too see if everything is alright...

i consider that "playing with her food." other than that, my tarantulas don't play with any toys, per se, but it'd be interesting to see one "playing"! next time it happens, take a few pictures!

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a male G. rosea that has been mature for about a year now. He has become my wife's pet that she likes to handle everyday and let walk around the house. He has a small plastic container for a water dish . I almost replaced it with a heavier container ( he kept tipping it over )before I noticed his trick. He puts his two front legs in the cup and slides it up the sides of his Kritter Keeper until the cup is at the vents in the top. From there he usually slides the cup from side to side as if to say, " Okay its time for my walk!"

John:)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been using small condiment cups ranging in size from 3/4 oz. up to 5.25 oz. many of my t's seem to like to roll and push the empty cups all over their enclosures.
Ed

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My usumbara loves to attack anything you put in it's cage.;P =D :D :p :cool:

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I read someplace where a T liked one of those syrofoam popcorn pieces they put around packages. It played with it like a beach ball.

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a deer vertebrae bone in my rosea's cage, and everytime I find it at a different place then the day before. I've never seen her do that, but I guess she is into bones as well...:D

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
So far, ping pong balls work with mine. Also, my H. arizonensis seems to like to get the straws I have in the corners of his cage in between his "claws" (wrong word, I know) And squeeze them.

Peace,
Gillian

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I made a huge tangled jungle gym for my communal A Avicalaria tanka nd both spiders crawl all over it upside down and right side up. The smaller of the two loves those branches.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
I use either plastic packing peanuts or those lightweight "golf balls" they sell as cat toys.

Joy

SkUdlZ

Arachnopeon
She (assumed) plays with her water dish this is the craziest I've seen.

Please dont worry she is a professional, and is getting rehoused.
whenever i give my b. boehmei a fuzzy, she runs over to it, taps it and when it moves, she runs away. then she creeps up on it, taps it, and runs away again. it's kind of funny--picture my b. boehmei running behind the gigantic tree branch thingie and peeking out too see if everything is alright...

i consider that "playing with her food." other than that, my tarantulas don't play with any toys, per se, but it'd be interesting to see one "playing"! next time it happens, take a few pictures!

Attachments