The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Due to two epic threads in the last 24 hours we're all aware of the two YTers who maintain large collections but whose husbandry techniques some people find questionable.

Luckily in thesebthreads I discovered a channel I didn't know existed that's actually pretty fantastic, so I figured rather than hating on folks we could share a few favorites that we think are fun & informative & provide good husbandry.

I'll start:

The Dark Den, a dude from Croatia whose enthusiasm is infectious & enclosures are awesome! Video quality & videography are great, I've watched everything, a few of the DIY vids twice. Apparently he's somewhere around here. He also rides a bike to town. In winter.

AraneAid
by our very own @EulersK is the one good thing that happened to me today, I've been watching & I've already learned a ton. Random fact, he has tattooed legs. Plus the PBUH dude approves, so go watch!

TarantulaSam
has twenty or so videos that are all enjoyable & he has some good tips & DIY enclosure videos. He looks to be sixteen, but there's a college degree on the wall in one of his videos so clearly we've got tarantula lovin' Doogie Howser on our hands.

Next?

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I like Tom Morans videos. Very down to earth guy, his vids are easy to understand. Ive learnt a lot from his videos. Check out his website & blog too!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There's Roman numerals in his name, refers often to a goddess, although I'm not certain which one, followed by PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her). Maybe Arachne?Or maybe he's an enthusiastic Wiccan, to each their own.
Well, indeed I love to jump like Super Mario in the woods, completely naked aside for a sort of "Honolulu" flower 'necklage', with in one hand the athame and in the other a chalice of wine, but mostly because I'm a registered sex offender only posing as a Wicca Fluffy Bunny :happy:

:troll:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
TarantulaAddict is my favorite. He hails from the UK and has a huge collection, including a huge AF Theraphosa stirmi named Charlotte.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My favourite is GlitterWalk333. I just absolutely love her accent.

I also really enjoy watching tarantulas.dk as her accent is great too.

Tarantuladdict is also phenomenal. His voice is sooooooooooo easy on the ears.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
Anyone that doesn't say Bugmom is going to get pokie slings snuck in their bedsheets. :smug:

That said, I don't have time to watch videos from others as often as I use to, but I enjoy (off the top of my head, probably forgetting some): Deadly Tarantula Girl (obviously), EulersK, Tom Moran, The Dark Den (okay, I admit, partially cause he's cute and I got a thing for accents), tarantulas.dk, and West Coast Arachnids. I'm sure there's others but I've had a long morning. I'm subscribed to like 50 animal related channels on YouTube.

Edited to add others: Greg Rice, Basin79, Tarantupedia, The Tarantula Chronicles, The Spiderman.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Anyone that doesn't say Bugmom is going to get pokie slings snuck in their bedsheets. :smug:

That said, I don't have time to watch videos from others as often as I use to, but I enjoy (off the top of my head, probably forgetting some): Deadly Tarantula Girl (obviously), EulersK, Tom Moran, The Dark Den (okay, I admit, partially cause he's cute and I got a thing for accents), tarantulas.dk, and West Coast Arachnids. I'm sure there's others but I've had a long morning. I'm subscribed to like 50 animal related channels on YouTube.

Edited to add others: Greg Rice, Basin79, Tarantupedia, The Tarantula Chronicles, The Spiderman.
Free pokies!!! Fan-bloody-tastic.

I'm similar to you. I don't watch all the videos. I'm subbed to loads of different channels on quite a few different subjects. Medical vids get watched first. Love ingrown toenails, abcesses and cysts. Then it's fail vids. Then it's probably food reviewers. After that it's either video games or inverts.

Unless there's a particular invert I'm interested in then that video will get bumped up the list.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight

TarantulaSam
has twenty or so videos that are all enjoyable & he has some good tips & DIY enclosure videos. He looks to be sixteen, but there's a college degree on the wall in one of his videos so clearly we've got tarantula lovin' Doogie Howser on our hands.
Haha! I am this sixteen-year-old look-alike (Hey, when I'm 60 I'll look 35 so thats cool.). I'm actually 29. I do indeed have a college degree. I sit for the Utah Bar this July. I'm married to a psychotherapist and have one kid with another on the way. Hope this doesn't make my videos any less enjoyable. If it does, we can just say I'm sixteen, that's cool too.