Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Favorite Scorpion Species!

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by iyrsw0122, Jan 24, 2013.

1. InfestedGoat

InfestedGoat Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    I'd have to say my Grosphus grandidieri is my favorite species. They are very active and are 5x faster/more aggressive with crickets than any Androctonus species I've ever seen.

I just put mine together today to start a breeding project too.
    [​IMG]

2. boosh96

boosh96 Arachnosquire

I'd say it's a tie between P. imperator and B. jacksoni.

3. Aztek

Aztek Arachnoprince

Centruroides Noxius, Centruroides Suffusus, Centruroides Vittatus, Tytius Falconensis, Androctonus Mauritanicus, Androctonus Australis

:)

4. I would say its a tie between H. arizonensis, H. spadix, and C. sculpturatus. Mainly due to the fact that I live where these can be found.

5. ~Abyss~

~Abyss~ Arachnoking Old Timer

Awesome genus right?! These are my new favorite. Forget every other scorpion I ever mentioned. This has it all.
    Active all night
    Non burrowing pet hole
    Semi bark scorpion
    Always stings it's prey
    Eats like an 2-3 times a week
    As big as a Hadrurus
    Beautiful coloration.
    I'm like where have have you been all my life!
    [​IMG]

6. ShredderEmp

ShredderEmp Arachnoprince

Not another Grosphus ankarana. You made me cry.

7. Saark

Saark Arachnosquire

NY
    I only have three scorpions and they are all baby Hadogenes troglodytes so I gotta say they are my favorite :)

8. antinous

antinous Pamphopharaoh

Centruroides bicolor!

9. ShredderEmp

I had a chance to get one from Vixvy, but I just couldn't convince both parents. I was so mad.

10. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

At the moment: Tityus forcipula

11. ~Abyss~

Pretty, why is it your favorite sp?

12. Michiel

Michiel Arachnoking Old Timer

Because I am doing a life cycle study on them. Because they look like a Rhopalurus species (the collector offered them as such to me) with those posteriorly widened tails, rather large, stout scorpions, very feisty :)

13. ~Abyss~

Very cool do you have any pictures of your specimens?

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 01:57 PM ----------

Just saw this post. I’ve gather ALL the information I could on this species and I’m taking my own notes being as detailed as I can be including feedings, molts, and general behavior. I’m hoping to get an English caresheet/bio done for this one soon and update in the future with more information. I think I have a good amount of data now but still missing some vital information like gestation period and lifespan.

14. ShredderEmp

There is very little information I found. Most of the stuff is European, and translated. The only thing really covered is basic care, of which is not very solid, and is usually taken from another source. I'm glad to see some real note taking and the fact that it is reputable.

15. ~Abyss~

I did get some useful information from the european hobbiest as it's more readily avialble in Europe but still not a common species and still a lot of missing information. But i've read a lot about their natural habitat, similar species, and just non stop internet searches lol. My own notes from my experience are based on sleepless nights l literrally just stay up watching my scorps for hours.

16. ShredderEmp

That's unhealthy. Useful, but unhealthy.

17. tyrantuladub

tyrantuladub Arachnosquire

At the moment I'm very fond of Isometrus maculatus and Rhopalurus junceus. Though Hadogenes paucidens has it's own way of proving how "less" can sometimes be "more" haha.

18. ShredderEmp

I. maculatus and R. junceus are both on my radar. I love the color and patterns. My profile has a list of the species I want, but I'm not sure if both are on their. H. paucidens is cool, but I already have a Pandinus imperator, but they seem too alike to have both.

19. tyrantuladub

tyrantuladub Arachnosquire

Nope, you're missing the I. maculatus haha ;) Well, to each their own; I've got a P. imperator as well, and will more than likely be acquiring an H. paucidens at the upcoming Cincinnati Reptile Expo :D

20. ShredderEmp

Good luck on that!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.