Favorite part?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
feedings great, but personally i love seeing how Ts adapt to new enclosures, what they move, where they web, where they decide their hide is, etc.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The fact that I don't have to say no to people who want to crash at my place.

"Sure, you can sleep here. The guest room doubles as my T room, though. You'll also want earplugs because of the roach colonies. What? Yeah, colonies. Plural. The nearest hotel, you ask?"

CEOAirsoft

Arachnopeon
The fact that I don't have to say no to people who want to crash at my place.

"Sure, you can sleep here. The guest room doubles as my T room, though. You'll also want earplugs because of the roach colonies. What? Yeah, colonies. Plural. The nearest hotel, you ask?"
LOL that's great!

Personally I like it when they molt. That's always exciting to see how much they've grown. :)

P.S. I found you on Youtube the other day and thought to myself, "That's funny, this guy has the same profile picture as this guy on Archnoboards I've seen." and what do you know. :) cool channel

Last edited:

jhilde

Arachnopeon
When a T finaly emerges from its burrow after a long time bigger and ready for a meal.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Everything.. I mean seriously I love everything about keeping Tarantulas.. If I could choose to change one thing I wouldn't..

DeanK

Arachnosquire
The sheer number of species out there to collect is awesome. It's also very rewarding watching 1 go from a tiny sling to a massive 8 legged beast

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Feeding time, talking to other hobbyists, and taking pictures and videos. Instagram has become a huge part of the hobby for me and causes me to spend way too much time focused on my tarantulas. I spend hours just taking pictures of them and watching them.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My favorite part is sharing them with other people - especially children. I teach summer school classes about bugs and spiders, so my pets double as ambassadors to introduce the world of creepy, crawly things to children (and sometimes their parents). My goal is to impart the lesson that just because something has more than four legs does not automatically mean that it is scary or dangerous. I want to show the kids how interesting and even cool my bugs and spiders are and spark in them a love of learning about nature.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My favourite part is when you pick up that tiny 1/8" sling and watch it grow untill it becomes that beautiful mature specimen you saw on a photograph before you even bought it.
This as happened to me 4 times in the last 18 months and it fills me with an immense sense of pride and joy knowing I've been helping it along the way

louise f

Arachnoangel
I love it all. There`s really nothing that i can say i like the most.

1. The feeding!!!! Awesome to watch a hunter take down it`s prey :D
2. When they molt and grow!! Fantastic, new suits. :)
3. Mating!! new babies to come, who doesn`t like little cute EWL`s right <3 :kiss:

Ohh gees i can go on forever, all of it is good. :)

Except for one damn thing !!!:banghead::banghead: When they die. :( But that`s another story, this was the favorite part :p:D

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Standing there watching them do nothing for 15 minutes yet still being completely enamored by it.
Perfectly said! My son came into my room the other day and asked me what the bleep I was doing. Replied watching my T's, he said but, they aren't doing anything! I indignantly replied 'of course they are! They're being tarantulas!'
I really enjoy everything about them. Their quirks and attitude included.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
Feeding time is my favorite but I enjoy just watching them at night and seeing what is new day to day in their enclosure. Watching them roam at night is my other favorite thing about owning Ts. most of the time it looks like they are just walking with auto pilot on and dont really know where they are going or why but seem to know exactly how to get back to their hide/burrow if something spooks them.

Realevil1

Arachnosquire
Wathing slings grow and colors and patterns come in. Just amazing how quickly they can go from the size of a grain of rice to bigger than your everyday orb weaver you see on your house siding in less than a year!! Sometimes in only a few months even! Ive never bred T's but im sure thats another one of the most exciting things to do as well. One day, maybe. I bred many species of gecko in the past, and finding, incubating, and hatching eggs was always really interesting. i would guess breeding Arachnids to be close to the same experience, if not even more interesting.