Favorite cheap tarantula?

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
;p i got a 5" guaranteed female L. violaceopes coming this week.. just had to rub it in ;P

Necromion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My favorite cheap taranutla is my LP got her a year ago and she is already bigger than my hand. also doesnt hurt that i got her for free to boot.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wellll as I've posted several xs recently . . . P. cambrigei has been fun for me.
Yet I like all the avics alot too .

meghanbe

Arachnopeon
My cheapest tarantulas are the two P. cambridgei slings I just picked up for $22 shipped. To me, that's cheap! Although I just got them and they both spend a fair amount of time burrowed, the little bit that I have seen of them easily puts them into a "favorites" category for me. I can't wait to watch them grow.

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
My P. irminia and cambridgei. They were both given to me as freebies, so definitely my favorite cheap T's.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Considering a minimum of $20 shipping and LPS prices... none of them are cheap IMO.
you would be surprised what kind of deals you can get if you play it right..
see below..
;p i got a 5" guaranteed female L. violaceopes coming this week.. just had to rub it in ;P
this, along with a female A. avic and a A. purpurea sling came from a very cheap (imho) investment.. Not trying to brag, but with a little patience and the right timing anything is possible. I wont say how big or small the initial investment was in fear of an uproar or losing out on my deal lol .. i WILL say in the end, the recipient, potentially a few hundred customers, and myself will be happy with this pending deal tho so ..

charm271

Arachnosquire
Grammostola Pulchripes (Gold Knee), currently my favorite Tarantula over all, not only because it generally cheap. B. albos are a close second.

Zeph

Arachnosquire
This thread settles it, I need a redrump and curlyhair! My collection is all under $20 as it is. :p

poisoned

Arachnodemon
Currently P. irminia (2-3" LS, 15€), but I just ordered P. regalis, that might beat it (3-4" LS, 15€)

Phlerr

Arachnoknight
I'd have to say my P cambridgei it was a freebie in a group deal awhile back but it really has turned into one of my fav T's since it's started showing its adult colors. Other than that G pulchripes, B albo, P regalis, and B vagans are all great too.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine would have to be P.cambridgei. They're not expensive, get to a pretty impressive size and I just love tree dwellers. P.irminia are coming down in price, too.

Acanthoscurria are usually pretty cheap. I made a promise to myself I would get another one of them.

creepa

Arachnoknight
My favorite cheap spiders are my communal P. smithi's got 7 of them for € 5,- a piece.

Pana Lemontzis

Arachnopeon
Of all my tarantulas, I think my favorite might be my C. fasciatum, which is tied for my cheapest spider at $7. It recently molted and is starting to show its beautiful adult pattern! It's also one of the more active and interesting of my T's, being my only avid webber besides the Avics.

I've seen videos/photos of adults and I think they're one of the most beautiful species out there. I hear they can be aggressive, but they're so fun to watch and I don't need to handle my T's. People don't say much good about them, but I have to say, for $7 I would keep it over one of my more expensive T's.

What are some of your favorite cheap ones and why?
C fasciatum dont exist in the hobby , u mean C davus?

Mustafa67

Arachnopeon
Of all my tarantulas, I think my favorite might be my C. fasciatum, which is tied for my cheapest spider at $7. It recently molted and is starting to show its beautiful adult pattern! It's also one of the more active and interesting of my T's, being my only avid webber besides the Avics.

I've seen videos/photos of adults and I think they're one of the most beautiful species out there. I hear they can be aggressive, but they're so fun to watch and I don't need to handle my T's. People don't say much good about them, but I have to say, for $7 I would keep it over one of my more expensive T's.

What are some of your favorite cheap ones and why?
T Albo

You are commenting on over a decade old thread
Oh _____ saw this AFTER I posted 🤣🤣🤣🤣

catboyeuthanasia

Arachnosquire
Wow were things ever so cheap back then!

I don't mind though, I would gladly fork out a little extra to get high quality captive bred specimens.